Sign in to follow this  
Bisbee

Hey! what is this white stuff?

11 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Let it snow. Been a while since we've had a cold, snowy late bull season. 

Last season we got 6" to a foot in 7 on the late bull hunt.  It was really cold and the animals were everywhere.  Can't wait to help out again this year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

Heading up to 7E to scout this weekend and then the late rifle hunt on the 29th.

I have 4WD with new Falken Wildpeaks.  I will be driving only on Forest Service roads. 

Any need for chains given the expected snow?

Thanks,

Eddie

If you have them bring them. Some of those roads can be nasty when muddy. 

• Like 1

14" around 8000' in unit 1. I went to pull some cameras this evening. Couldn't make it to a couple of them

• Like 2

dang smoke.  My oldest 6b archery bull half the unit was shut down due to fire and smoke.  We will be there in the 7W rifle bull tag also.  Had it last year and was cold and messy but got it done.  Was going to camp but got smart and booked a hotel in williams instead.  Good luck everyone.  

Yep more coming next Wed. and Thursday and into Friday. I take chains everywhere. Rarely Used em ,but a Mans best friend on some Hunts.........BOB!

I've got a unit 10 hunt coming up on the 29th, going to start raining / snowing Wednesday - Saturday. Hopefully its all snow, rain / mud isn't fun. As long as the elk are active I don't mind, do you guys typically see any difference in the elk pattern?

I’d much rather hunt in the snow than the rain and mud like others have said. After the storm passes the snow on the ground can make spotting them easier too. 

On 11/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, AZ513 said:

I've got a unit 10 hunt coming up on the 29th, going to start raining / snowing Wednesday - Saturday. Hopefully its all snow, rain / mud isn't fun. As long as the elk are active I don't mind, do you guys typically see any difference in the elk pattern?

Yes- easier to spot , makes it easier to get them to fall over. also snow keeps the meate cold.