Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Uh oh...

47 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

How about having a brother murdered from two assholes high on marijuana? Is that enough life experience for you? 

I mean no disrespect, but I remember reading the story about your brother way back when you first posted about it. I thought he was killed  for a 6pk of beer. I might be wrong, it just kinda stuck with me. Either way sorry about your brother. I can't imagine having to deal with that.

3 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I mean no disrespect, but I remember reading the story about your brother way back when you first posted about it. I thought he was killed  for a 6pk of beer. I might be wrong, it just kinda stuck with me. Either way sorry about your brother. I can't imagine having to deal with that.

No disrespect taken at all. Thank you for remembering the tragedy. I am honored that someone remembered him in some way. You are correct. Both murderers were high on marijuana and he was killed for a few dollars and a six pack. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

No disrespect taken at all. Thank you for remembering the tragedy. I am honored that someone remembered him in some way. You are correct. Both murderers were high on marijuana and he was killed for a few dollars and a six pack. 

I may not  agree with you, but I understand your position on the issue. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I just saw a stat that the leading cause of death in males 25-65 was overdose from prescription pain killers. Beat out heart disease, auto deaths, and booze. I have never smoked weed, but I really don't think its the problem. Big pharma is the biggest problem.

Big pharma makes zero dollars off prescription pain killers.  I don’t know a single doc or dentist who writes them for anything other then generics.  

1 minute ago, yotebuster said:

Big pharma makes zero dollars off prescription pain killers.  I don’t know a single doc or dentist who writes them for anything other then generics.  

Can you explain that?

26 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

I also remember a post about it. 

I'm on the legalize side mostly because drug dealers dont card and make sure you are legal.  It was always easy for me to buy drugs if I wanted as a kid but alcohol was much harder because you had to find someone that was 21 that was willing to buy it for you.  I think violence on weed is way farther and fewer between then on alcohol imo. I realize your reality is different but I think that is more the exception to the rule. No disrespect whatsoever and I'm honestly really sorry for your brother.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

Can you explain that?

Yes.  Big pharma sells brand name drugs like Vicodin for instance.  Everyone says they were prescribed “Vicodin” no different then when we say we are going to get a “Kleenex”.  Most of us actually go get a generic tissue, and nearly all of “Vicodin” prescriptions are filled as hydrocodone/acetaminophen which is the generic version.  Big pharma makes it’s money on stuff that is still under patent.  All the common opioid painkillers are way off patent.  Not saying opioids aren’t an issue, but big pharma isn’t making any money on them.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Yes.  Big pharma sells brand name drugs like Vicodin for instance.  Everyone says they were prescribed “Vicodin” no different then when we say we are going to get a “Kleenex”.  Most of us actually go get a generic tissue, and nearly all of “Vicodin” prescriptions are filled as hydrocodone/acetaminophen which is the generic version.  Big pharma makes it’s money on stuff that is still under patent.  All the common opioid painkillers are way off patent.  Not saying opioids aren’t an issue, but big pharma isn’t making any money on them.  

Double like this post.

1 hour ago, My Rights As An American said:

How about having a brother murdered from two assholes high on marijuana? Is that enough life experience for you? 

Sorry about your brother, truly.  But I doubt that marijuana was what precipitated the murder.  It tends to make people mellow.  The two a holes involved were either predisposed to violence, or there were other substances in the pot.   Thats like saying that guns are responsible for murder.  Is alcohol responsible for DUI deaths, or  is the vehicle manufacturer responsible, or was it actually the person who chose to drink and get behind the wheel of a 4000 pound machine?  Again sorry for your loss, but I have had too many conversations with people laying the blame where it really doesn't belong.

My neck is as red as  they come, I vote red, but I have seen the benefits of marijuana use for both my wife and  a late brother in law with pancreatic cancer. It isn't the problem.  It's a lack of availability legally.  Make it as easy to purchase as liquor, crime issues drop.  Responsible use is on the user.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

So the opioid crisis wasn't started by big pharma?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Who makes the generic ones, small pharma?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

So the opioid crisis wasn't started by big pharma?

Opioid crisis was started by the media and a society who is predisposed to addiction through boredom and lack of real problems in life.  Opioids have been around long before big pharma ever showed up.  There’s always been a sector of society who is prone to addiction, we just never had a name or a villain until the “opioid crisis” and “big pharma” came around. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Who makes the generic ones, small pharma?

They don’t make crap off of generics.  Hence the constant push to create new medications.  Yes big pharma is a problem in different situations, no, big pharma isn’t getting rich off of selling hydrocodone 5/325’s for $8/ 50 of them.