Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Looks like good elk hunting weather!!!

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Up to 4 feet atop the peaks and 12-24" for Flagstaff.  1-3 feet along the rim.

Yup, Doug!  I've been looking at various sources off and on all day, and I think you summed it up.

A few days ago I was excited at the prospect of some fresh snow to hunt in.  As the time draws near though, it seems like it has the potential to be a bit much.  If it stays on the low-side of the estimates, it could be a great opening weekend.  If the high-side of the estimates comes to fruition, my time Friday might be better spent on my skis at Snowbowl! 🙄🤣

• Like 1

I’ll be in 4A with a relative who has the tag

• Like 1

latest update.  wish us luck! lol

IMG_20191126_070726.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stanley said:

Yup, Doug!  I've been looking at various sources off and on all day, and I think you summed it up.

A few days ago I was excited at the prospect of some fresh snow to hunt in.  As the time draws near though, it seems like it has the potential to be a bit much.  If it stays on the low-side of the estimates, it could be a great opening weekend.  If the high-side of the estimates comes to fruition, my time Friday might be better spent on my skis at Snowbowl! 🙄🤣

I'm seeing 22-30" for Flag in the forecast.  I remember several years ago that many had to leave their trailers out in 6B for the winter due to heavy snow.  A full set of tire chains, tighteners, shovels, tow straps would certainly be in the truck for the snow and resulting mud.  I think one would be better looking lower as the elk move to winter range.  There may be a good possibility of Highway 180 closing at Kendrick Park due to drifting- couple feet of snow and 40 mph gusts in the point forecast for Thursday and Thursday night. 

• Like 1

yeah, i am NOT looking forward to this elk hunt. we've got 4 unit 1 late bull tags this year. gonna be a cold one. the wind picked up to 40-50mph yesterday evening and is still going. 

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

38 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

yeah, i am NOT looking forward to this elk hunt. we've got 4 unit 1 late bull tags this year. gonna be a cold one. the wind picked up to 40-50mph yesterday evening and is still going. 

RIP

I was at game and fish office today and lots of calls turning tags in with point guard. 

• Like 1