Sign in to follow this  
JamesonRedding

Location Advice in Unit 33 Mid Jan.

Hello everyone! I am a new member and this is my first post. Such a cool site! 

Last year I had the opportunity to tag along on a bow hunt in Unit 32 that we accessed from a fiends ranch. That hunt ended with us not being able to get closer than 90 yards to a nice buck, but I caught the bug! We were scheduled to hunt the same area again this year, but our friend is not going to be there to host, so we no longer have the access point. Since my father and I have already planed the mid January dates, we have decided to go anyway. Last year we hiked several miles in and spiked out for the week. That is the plan for this year as well. The only difference is we don't have the access we did last year so we are looking at other locations. After talking to the AZ Public Access Person (sorry can't remember the exact title) for that section, we have narrowed it down to section 33...I think lol. We will be renting a 4x4 when we arrive and driving in to hopefully park the truck and backpack in from there. I have been studying maps but would love any and all advice I can get on this. The goal is to get to where pressure is less and we are not afraid to hike a bit and camp out for 4 to 5 days. This is our big hunt for the year and we are just excited to get out there!

I attached a pic of last years camp! 

IMG_8307.JPG

6 hours ago, jim said:

What shelter and stove is that?

It is the Cimarron from Seek Outside with their medium titanium stove. Love it! I also have the inside layer with screen and floor for the south east when I don’t need the stove and the bugs are out. 

• Like 1

In January if you get more than a hundred yards from the road, there will be zero pressure!

• Like 1