Sign in to follow this  
seek100plus

Point Guard

Point guard is a great thing , when needed . I believe Game and Fish will be getting a lot of tags turned in from this storm hitting. Way , I understand you can turn in your tag for any reason . Not sure if you get money back , just your points ? If you do get your money back, hopefully G & F doesn’t change rules to no money , based upon act of god reason 

It’s been talked about on here before. If you drew it and turned it in for weather conditions then give up hunting. You aren’t going to have perfect conditions always. Just go hunting and make the best of it and see what you can do. Point guard is great for other reasons but weather related? Come on now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

If you don’t want to hunt in cold bad weather then don’t put in for a late November tag then.

Agreed but turning a tag in for weather conditions is bull. 

• Like 1

Who cares how he uses point guard... G&F gets the money...and there will be 1 more elk next season, or 1 lucky hunter who pays G&F an additional tag fee they normally wouldnt of had.  Win/Win for G&F and maybe the elk herd...

• Like 3

Personally, if it is not for an unforseen medical issue, I am not a fan of pointguard.  

Turning in a tag because of weather, or you couldn't find a big enough buck/bull during the preseason, or antler growth had a bad year?  BS.  You don't want to hunt?  OK, don't go.  It seems like a "participation trophy" to me.

• Like 5

I turned in my Dec Coues tag last year with point guard, because I killed my buck in August with my bow.  I gave the priceless gift of a Dec Coues tag to some lucky hunter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 520HUNT said:

I turned in my Dec Coues tag last year with point guard, because I killed my buck in August with my bow.  I gave the priceless gift of a Dec Coues tag to some lucky hunter. 

I did the exact same thing last year. 

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Personally, if it is not for an unforseen medical issue, I am not a fan of pointguard.  

Turning in a tag because of weather, or you couldn't find a big enough buck/bull during the preseason, or antler growth had a bad year?  BS.  You don't want to hunt?  OK, don't go.  It seems like a "participation trophy" to me.

This