Sign in to follow this  
roninflag

late bull elk

Ron, theres nothing like quartering a bull in 30mph winds And you cant feel your hands. We had that experience 2 years ago on the late hunt.

Interestingly, the trailer I stayed in each time froze up .  A different one each time. We still had good hunt success though.  two hunts had more snow  than this year. two were about equal. 

6A would be a great tag to have right now! 

• Like 2

Due to a youth hunt that took way longer than expected this year, I did not make it up to help on a late bull hunt.  First time in quite a while I wasn't up there assisting on knocking down some bulls.  The guys I know who were up there said it was an absolute shoot show with literally hundreds of pickups stuck, very few roads passable and tons of guys concentrated in the accessible areas.  This is in multiple units with the same basic report.  Make me wonder if it really is as bad as they are making it sound?

I have a buddy who sent me photos of 3 great bulls they knocked down this weekend.  But....he is a die hard badass.  They put a hurtin' on the bulls.

21 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

I have a buddy who sent me photos of 3 great bulls they knocked down this weekend.  But....he is a die hard badass.  They put a hurtin' on the bulls.

Stop it, you’re gonna make me blush. Just got bull #3 off the mountain. Un-bull-ievable year. I don’t do it often but i’ll have to write something up after my back, blisters and snowburn heal up. 

• Like 6