Couestracker

Javi tag in mail

Received my 37B HAM tag in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to go find some critters!

• Like 1

Got my 23 HAM in the mail on Wed. My 1st come / 1st serve archery leftover is showing in the portal.

• Like 1

Got mine Monday as well 18B archery

• Like 1

We mailed off for leftovers on 11-18 and got denied ... thinking the G&F screwed up or the USPS.  There were permits left on F that week but got back "unsuccessful hunt filled".

• Sad 1

I mailed for my leftover archery tag on the 22nd which is about when they updated the list the 2nd time. The 3rd time they updated there were no tags left for hunt I put in for. I got tag 1536, or somewhere around there, out of 1600.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 7:06 PM, Big Tub said:

We mailed off for leftovers on 11-18 and got denied ... thinking the G&F screwed up or the USPS.  There were permits left on F that week but got back "unsuccessful hunt filled".

You need to mail them before the weekend.  When yours arrived on Tuesday they were put behind the several hundred that arrived in the days prior and were backed up waiting to be processed.  It probably took a few days to finally get to yours, and by that time your hunt choices were not available.  You've got to remember that the running tally of what they have left is always at least half a working day behind the true total, and they aren't going to get to your app on the day it arrives...especially if you started out several days behind the curve.

• Like 1

I figure the later you mail them the better chance they'll just put them on top of the existing pile. Lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I am concerned about is that there were tags till the next week when over-the counter tags got issued and even though we mailed our request a full week before, ours was processed after the over-the-counter started.  

A week before the OTC's? How long after the Monday of when leftovers were available did you mail it in. I remember you were looking for a PDF form. Did you mail it after that Monday?

My buddy took care of it ... I would have mailed it on the previous Friday!  ;)   I already have an archery tag for Jan, though.  I think the Friday list 5 days after we mailed it in still listed tags as available.  

Like someone else above said, they "publish" the list a few times....

We put in for 37a, mailed our stuff friday, Co worker mailed his on friday, and another guy in our group mailed his in saturday. I checked the protal and seen we were drawn.  The "walk in" list stated that there was 64 tags left for 37 a, but one of the guys didnt have anything posted to his portal yet. He was "rather upset" about being an individual draw, without any success. He called game and fish to find out what he did wrong.  They said they continue to open envelopes until they either run out of tags or they run out of envelopes.... way befroe the walkins are actually accepted