AZ513

Stuck

15 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

I bet not a lot of people will get this.  I do.  He would call Nate.

I'm reading "The Bitterroots" right now. Not a Picket one but another decent read by Box. 

On 11/29/2019 at 4:06 PM, elkaholic said:

Nothing gets stuck ,like big 4x4 dodge diesels 

Ive pulled plenty of ford and chevys out. Its pilot error usually!

19 hours ago, PRDATR said:

WHat size tires are on it? Maybe someone can bring you some chains, that's an awkward angle to get pulled out.

Chains don’t help when the diffs are buried. Need a hard yank. 

On 11/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, PRDATR said:

WHat size tires are on it? Maybe someone can bring you some chains, that's an awkward angle to get pulled out.

They’re 35’s. Yeah the angle is a bit weird but we should be able to get creative enough to get it out. We’ve got some help coming tomorrow and we should be able to get it done. 

On 11/30/2019 at 4:14 PM, maximus said:

did you try to call the cowboy?

I haven’t, thank you for the phone number and I’ll use him as a last resort tomorrow. We’ve got two trucks and a winch etc etc coming, so if we get into some trouble I’ll give him a call. 

• Like 1

Was finally able to get out yesterday, took two trucks ( Chevy and a Ford for those wondering) to yank me out. Ford connected to me, Ford connected to the Chevy to get it out. Unfortunately the guy recording forgot to start the video so we never got footage of the rescue

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Heat said:

Glad you got out.  Hope you got to hunt a bit as well.

Was unable to get out and hunt, unfortunate circumstances but could have had a worse outcome. If not getting an elk was the worst of it, i'm good. Hopefully next year will be the year.

• Like 4

On 12/1/2019 at 8:19 AM, Outdoor Writer said:

I'm reading "The Bitterroots" right now. Not a Picket one but another decent read by Box. 

producer david e kelley is bringing cj boxes' cassie dewell series to abc starting this fall.  'The Big Sky'.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 2:28 PM, biglakejake said:

producer david e kelley is bringing cj boxes' cassie dewell series to abc starting this fall.  'The Big Sky'.

She's the gal from the non-Pickett books, right?

4 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

She's the gal from the non-Pickett books, right?

yes but i'm not waiting for it.  cassie won't be a struggling middle aged single mom-the show casts a kararte kicking young black chick as cassie and ryan phillipe as the lizard king.  i hate hollywood.

lee

good to see you back-i have another friend locked down in a rehab facility in tucson that will not let him come home!

4 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

yes but i'm not waiting for it.  cassie won't be a struggling middle aged single mom-the show casts a kararte kicking young black chick as cassie and ryan phillipe as the lizard king.  i hate hollywood.

lee

good to see you back-i have another friend locked down in a rehab facility in tucson that will not let him come home!

Typical. They need to inject more "diversity" into the programming.

The rehab facility (96 private rooms) where I was shuttered closed access to all visitors last Fri.