Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Payson People Road Conditions?

How bad is it up there right now? 

How many inches are on the ground? 

To me it seems like ADOT is adopting the CA model of road closures right now. If it has a single snowflake, shut it down. 

We want to come up and cut a tree in tonto, but everything is closed.

Payson Troglodytes Road Conditions?

fixed it for ya

They close the roads so they can plow them and because people drive them with no experience, street tires ,no chains etc. Then ADOT has to stop what they are doing and clean up the mess.

• Like 2

6-7 inches up by kohls ranch.  260 is clear all the way to payson.  Kind of surprised its still closed.  Couple of semis stuck on the shoulder.

Not good, all closed up. I had to detour thorough salt river and after I got to Showlow they shut that one down as well

Update, the 260 appears to be open. How much snow did payson, forest lakes, heber, or show low get? 

Maybe 3" in beautiful star valley. I've seen hunter's out. Light snow now.

Do they plow the road between Young and the 260? 

We went up today and cut our Christmas tree. The main roads were not bad, the 512 road south of 260 headed toward Young was a little dicey in the am but mostly good by 130pm when we left. We picked a tree off Colcord road.

Colcord wasn't bad, but it was snow pack. It was all starting to melt some when we left, and I image will be a muddy nasty mess in the next few days. 

• Like 1

honey hole spot for trees on colcord? yes i'm cyber scouting for trees. ha ha... Help me out man, its my only tag i get to fill this fall. lol

We went off Colcord east of Young Highway because the road wasn't covered in deep unbroken snow. We ended up with a pine tree, but not a Doug Fir or Spruce that some people really want.

If the roads were better we would have looked harder for something a little more full and thick, but we ended up with a nice big pine tree that makes the house smell nice and looks fine too.

• Like 1