Sign in to follow this  
Coach

My last Youth hunt

My boys have certainly had some great youth hunts over the years. Turkey, elk, deer and javelina. I've shared stories and pictures of them over the years. Well, my two oldest boys are grown up but I got one more youth hunt with my youngest son, Josh. 

We found this buck at sunlight opening morning but after a long stalk, could only locate the does he was with. The next morning it was all Josh. I had an idea where they had gone but Josh decided to split up because he had his own idea - and he was right. It's bittersweet - I wouldn't have found this buck again, but Josh did it on his own. I'm extremely grateful for the many hunts I've had with my boys, and can only hope that as they get older, they'll still want to go hunting with the old man. :)

josh.jpg.546eba03dbc2c24b1f587d9736fa27f1.jpg

• Like 13

Nice! If It's any comfort they will still want to go with you, want you to apply them for all the hunts, buy licenses, tags. Make all the sandwiches, get the gear ready, make sure the rifles are still sighted in. Yeah they will go. It's all good though.

Thanks Singleshot - you were extremely helpful on a few of those hunts sharing your knowledge and getting us in good places. You're always welcome in my camp and I hope I can help out the way you have for us.

• Like 1

Awesome super cool buck!! My youngest is 16 and with how difficult it can be to draw tags hopefully we have another one again. 

• Like 1

I'm sure you will, Houston. As I'm sure you've seen already it happens really fast. One day they're just little, the next they're all grown up. 

• Like 1