Sign in to follow this  
azbirdhunter88

Kansas 2019

6 hours ago, Big Browns said:

FYI, it wasn't a neck shot.  The spot on the neck is just ruffled hide.

20191210_085103.jpg

20191210_085053.jpg

Looks like a rope burn. All kidding aside, you look like a happy camper bud. Is the rut in full schwing?

What a long hunt. I’m exhausted from all the early mornings and cleaning of deer for the last week and half. We had a great hunt here at the farm and were able to harvest a lot of animals. Adam ( bigbrowns ) came up for a few days and was able to see some new properties and some new stuff we have. We consistently saw deer after deer and picked our way through smaller bucks to finally get what we were happy with. I must have ground up and vacuum sealed 500 pounds of deer meat on this trip. Overall was a good hunt with good food and friends. Looking forward to next year. 

• Like 1

One of the properties that I have is from my father in law and it was where that big mulie was living before opening day. Every year there is a big mulie living there but it never works out for me to kill one for one reason or another. Today was my last day to hunt and something told me to just go check that property again one last time. As I am glassing up a wind break I spot a buck but not a shooter. I keep looking and I see a buck I would be happy with for the fact that I haven’t been able to kill a deer on that property since he passed away from cancer 3 years ago. It was very special for me to kill this buck there knowing he was looking down on me today. This was his favorite place out of all the properties we have and he has so many stories of it. We purposely do not farm this one to keep more habitat for the deer and pheasant and even put in a water hole. This buck was for him and was an emotional day after it was all finished. 

• Like 3

You had a great year and harvested 2 fantastic bucks!  Thanks again for allowing me to join you again!

FYI, Kenny's wife is an AMAZING cook!  Best homemade chicken noodle soup I've ever had!

• Like 2