PRDATR

Anyone know the family washed away in Tonto Basin?

Only one person to blame and it isn’t the govt trying to prevent or control every situation. Put the accountability where it belongs.  Pool builders blamed for kids drowning or car manufacturers blaming for leaving kids in the back seat or McDonald’s for being fat?  
He knew what he was doing.  He knew the risks. Blame that truck too. Crazy attitude. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As parents, we all like to make our kids laugh and show them a good time, but as parents, it is our responsibility to make the right decision to keep them as safe as possible.

I'd bet almost 100% of the members here support personal agency, yet in today's world, that is a fleeting characteristic and it's always someone else's fault for someone making poor decisions that result in undesirable outcomes.  IMHO, that is what happened here.

Eddie

• Like 3

I’m going to have to cancel my parents too.  When I was growing up, there was all kinds of irresponsibility.  They actually let me ride my bike without a helmet and let me ride unbuckled, and standing in the car, and even would allow me and my friends to ride in the back of the truck.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

I’m going to have to cancel my parents too.  When I was growing up, there was all kinds of irresponsibility.  They actually let me ride my bike without a helmet and let me ride unbuckled, and standing in the car, and even would allow me and my friends to ride in the back of the truck.  

Did they convince you to live in Holbrook too?  I'd cancel the just for that.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Did they convince you to live in Holbrook too?  I'd cancel the just for that.  

No, that one was entirely me.  If they had an opinion it wasn’t vocal, however I feel they would advise against it.  I got burned out working 16 years in the valley and wanted to get back to enjoying more of the outdoors on more than a weekend or two here or there.

• Like 3

The system was extremely gentle with them. They would have been doing some good thinking time if they had been judged by 12. The only justice I see is that he had to admit with his own mouth that he was guilty of killing those children. Otherwise I have seen worse punishment for people who abuse dogs.