PRDATR

Anyone know the family washed away in Tonto Basin?

15 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

looks like it was a cab over single axle flatbed.

62ef1c32-7335-4be0-8c5f-c6c6ee59065e_360x203.jpg

Good eye, trophy. I only caught a glimpse from a choppers view. Still a worthy vehicle.

8 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

abrams. 

Your ultimate road hunting vehicle?

The decision to attempt this crossing will haunt these parents for life. I pray all involved will somehow find peace again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Edge said:

The decision to attempt this crossing will haunt these parents for life. I pray all involved will somehow find peace again.

the dad was in my class at school we played football. he was a smart dude, mechanical, never seemed like the person to make a poor decision. really surprised it was his family.  

That’s quite the machine.  I can totally see how it would lend confidence in a crossing.  Heavy, All wheel drive, snorkel, with tractor type tires.  Plus I bet they crossed many times in it before.  I remember seeing it up there before so I know it gets driven enough to understand capabilities.  

Hindsight tells us it’s a bad idea, that crossing probably changed it’s output to greater flow every minute and the group got caught up in the fun.  I don’t hold it against the parents or anybody.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

There is a news clip showing it get pulled out by a dozer if it's important.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/arizona/tonto-basin-children-found/75-2a7bb5e2-41a9-4a78-ba28-6b9cd73e3da3

No way I'm opening that link up. Having lost my daughter 12 years ago when she was 18 seeing stuff like this with kids involved is just too much to handle. I think it's time for me to put this post on the back burner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Another day, another 8 heart wrenching hours in the water picking through debris piles and beaver dams with family members, volunteers and search crews.

I will say this, the lack of leadership and coordination from GCSO is appalling. With the manpower and resources that have shown up, I cannot believe that there is zero cooperation between their incident command and the “church people” as they referred to the civilian volunteers.

I spent the afternoon searching with a rescue team that had come up from a privaye entity who had provided the team and equipment at their own expense, and when they called in to GCSO to get briefed and join the operation they were told to report to the civilian “incident command” (which is a food tent and parking lot, there is no civilian incident command).

So this trained search and rescue squad just headed out on their own with no briefing, no information, nothing. The wasted opportunity is sickening.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

On 12/1/2019 at 8:45 PM, Flatlander said:

Just got back from searching. Tonto Creek is running about at the level that the Salt River does in the summer mostly shallow but some portions are over 6’ deep. The current is strong. They found some clothing near the crossing where they got stuck, but no other sign of the girl. I am sure she is still submerged in a snag somewhere. I spent almost all my time wading the river checking snags. It’s a sickening feeling every time you reach under water to feel around... hoping you don’t find what you are looking for. The whole situation is horrible. Nothing good about it.

Thank you for you time in helping with the search. I know the family appreciate’s all the efforts. This is my cousin and I know they are overwhelmed with all the volunteers and support. I can’t even imagine the hurt and pain they’re are going through. I just wanna hug my kids a little tighter and appreciate every second I have with them. 

• Like 5

We were out today and tried our hardest. I can say that they need all the help they can get so if you want to come help please do. There was not many people today because they thought the weather was going to be bad which it ended up being ok. We were in the water feeling around under all the debris trying as hard as we could. I heard theres going to be lots more searchers tomorrow and Saturday. We started at Bar X and went down about a mile past Across. Towards the later part of the afternoon the Sherriffs helicopter flew very low and slow over the entire creek checking. If you have time please come and help! 

• Like 4

I am headed up with a couple others tomorrow. Planning on bringing kayaks. If anyone can join up it would be cool to have a cwt group of folks combining efforts whether it is on the ground or on the water.

8:00 AM at the Bar X crossing. I will have my CWT hoodie on. If you want to text me to coordinate here is my cell

480 266 4811

• Like 2