PRDATR

Anyone know the family washed away in Tonto Basin?

are the parents suing the state for not having a bridge there? i wonder if for insurance purposes or something it needs to go to trial, im not sure how that stuff works 

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

are the parents suing the state for not having a bridge there? i wonder if for insurance purposes or something it needs to go to trial, im not sure how that stuff works 

I’ve wondered that too.  If they try to sue the state, they’ve lost my support.

I heard of one person in Utah years ago  that ran over and killed his toddler son because he was in a lifted truck and didn’t see him.  It was a case of him talking to someone while he was in the drivers seat and the kid wandered around the truck and ended up in front when he pulled away.  No charges were filed.  I can see how that could happen and I hate lifted trucks for that reason.  I feel he didn’t need to go to jail to learn from that mistake, negligence or whatever you call it.

1 minute ago, Saguaro said:

I heard of one person in Utah years ago  that ran over and killed his toddler son.

something like that happened to Todd Heap in Mesa. 

32 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wealthy-16-year-old-killed-4-drunken-crash-spared-jail-article-1.1544508

Texas rich kid who killed 4 in drunken car crash spared jail

lawyers argued his wealthy parents never taught him right from wrong.

Now known as Affluenza........to rich to know better spoiled rotten!!!

af·flu·en·za
/ˌaflo͞oˈenzə/

noun

1. a psychological malaise supposedly affecting wealthy young people, symptoms of which include a lack of motivation, feelings of guilt, and a sense of isolation.

Ethan Couch was arrested again on January 2, 2020 in Texas, accused of violating his probation. Couch was booked into the Tarrant County Jail. According to court documents Couch tested positive for THC in a mandatory drug screening that was part of his probation. Couch was released a day later, on January 3, 2020, because authorities could not determine if the positive test result for THC came from illegal marijuana or CBD oil

36 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wealthy-16-year-old-killed-4-drunken-crash-spared-jail-article-1.1544508

Texas rich kid who killed 4 in drunken car crash spared jail

lawyers argued his wealthy parents never taught him right from wrong.

Now known as Affluenza........to rich to know better spoiled rotten!!!

af·flu·en·za
/ˌaflo͞oˈenzə/

noun

1. a psychological malaise supposedly affecting wealthy young people, symptoms of which include a lack of motivation, feelings of guilt, and a sense of isolation.

should we let off all drunk drivers since this kid was let off? 

I think the issue in this situation is they aren't all three his kids, one kid I think was a cousin. So another parent may feel differently then the dad that drove across.  Maybe if all 3 kids were his it might be a different situation.  

• Like 1

This kid got his as all wrong doers.. Sentence should be lots of community service.. 

1 hour ago, Saguaro said:

I heard of one person in Utah years ago  that ran over and killed his toddler son because he was in a lifted truck and didn’t see him.  It was a case of him talking to someone while he was in the drivers seat and the kid wandered around the truck and ended up in front when he pulled away.  No charges were filed.  I can see how that could happen and I hate lifted trucks for that reason.  I feel he didn’t need to go to jail to learn from that mistake, negligence or whatever you call it.

good friend and hunting buddy.  Heber, AZ 2008 at Independence Day church event-was asked to go get more soda.  he got his father to clear the parking area of kids but it still happened to his little angel.  no charges but it tore the family apart.

lee 

59 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

good friend and hunting buddy.  Heber, AZ 2008 at Independence Day church event-was asked to go get more soda.  he got his father to clear the parking area of kids but it still happened to his little angel.  no charges but it tore the family apart.

lee 

Brings back memories of a friend and his 3 YO daughter many years ago. I remember once when I diciplined my 2 YO son for the first time and he ran into his bedroom. Wife looked at me and said you just broke his baby heart and that was 28 years ago. Still makes my heart sink.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Brings back memories of a friend and his 3 YO daughter many years ago. I remember once when I diciplined my 2 YO son for the first time and he ran into his bedroom. Wife looked at me and said you just broke his baby heart and that was 28 years ago. Still makes my heart sink.

Ya not the same thing dude 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Not as big of waste as the money they spend for designs on the side of the freeways.

Would be nice to cross with a boat early spring 

• Like 1