Tradman

Ethics or not?

Yesterday I witnessed from start to end a group of hunters in 5BN chasing a large group of elk, shooting from their vehicle as they are chasing the elk in their truck. The bull was hit yet they countinued to shoot counted about 15 shots total from 4 different hunters. Eventually we watched the bull go down, but this made me upset. Tried to get their plate number but was unable to. 

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Tradman said:

Yesterday I witnessed from start to end a group of hunters in 5BN chasing a large group of elk, shooting from their vehicle as they are chasing the elk in their truck. The bull was hit yet they countinued to shoot counted about 15 shots total from 4 different hunters. Eventually we watched the bull go down, but this made me upset. Tried to get their plate number but was unable to. 

Ethics are usually a personal choice, example shooting animals over salt, shooting quail on the ground, ducks on water. Nothing illegal about any of those actions in AZ, but some people might have issue with it.  What you witnessed above is flat out ILLEGAL at least 2 violations witnessed.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tradman said:

Should have run em down till you got it 

• Like 2

A bull was wounded and they kept shooting at it? Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?

Or there was multiple bulls and multiple people shooting at them? If they all had tags, what’s the problem? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

A bull was wounded and they kept shooting at it? Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?

Or there was multiple bulls and multiple people shooting at them? If they all had tags, what’s the problem? 

“They” continued to shoot it he said. Not one guy. That’s the problem. Multiple people don’t keep shooting to kill an animal. That’s just Fd up. 

10 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

“They” continued to shoot it he said. Not one guy. That’s the problem. Multiple people don’t keep shooting to kill an animal. That’s just Fd up. 

Probably not legal but 110% ethical in my eyes. If the animal is wounded, needs to be put out of its misery and the original shooter cant hit it and doesn’t mind if his friends back him up. Or maybe they didn’t know who hit it and the elk was still standing so they kept shooting. Idk, I wasn’t there 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Probably not legal but 110% ethical in my eyes. If the animal is wounded, needs to be put out of its misery and the original shooter cant hit it and doesn’t mind if his friends back him up. Or maybe they didn’t know who hit it and the elk was still standing so they kept shooting. Idk, I wasn’t there 

Ya all that sounds bad. Never needed a group to back me up and all start throwing lead to kill an animal. Sounds dangerous. 

• Like 1

Shooting from a moving vehicle 100% illegal.  Multiple people shooting at the same animal that all have tags 100% legal.   Buddy hunting 100% illegal  

3 hours ago, Tradman said:

shooting from their vehicle as they are chasing the elk in their truck.

I believe ( but personal opinions on here really get the heck beat out of them) this is illegal! You cant even shoot from the road and with all the snow they  got I'm guessing they had to be on the road! Just sayin

2 minutes ago, AZHunter1 said:

I believe ( but personal opinions on here really get the heck beat out of them) this is illegal! You cant even shoot from the road and with all the snow they  got I'm guessing they had to be on the road! Just sayin

maybe they have handicap permit to shoot from a car. 

• Like 1