Tradman

Ethics or not?

13 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

Have you ever hunted gambles quail at the end of the season??  Birds just run on the ground, and half the time Im running to keep up with them.  

Born and raised in what used to be some of the best quail hunting in the state and I shoot quail on the ground from opening day until the last😂

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Born and raised in what used to be some of the best quail hunting in the state and I shoot quail on the ground from opening day until the last😂

Was sitting next to a snowbird the other night at the bar. I told him guys here shoot quail on the ground. He couldn’t believe 

Is it ethical to have 10 people follow a specific deer or elk watching its every move and then call the tag holder to fly in and shoot just before it sheds its velvet and disappears? Maybe not ethical in the eyes of some, definitely legal. Every year we see the results of this. Is it ethical to set up a blind on a waterhole and never hunt out of it? If its legal doesn't matter if you think its ethical or not, just have to suck it up and stick to your own ethics and quit trying to change the ethics of others to match your ethics.

• Like 1

My father-in-law grew up as a boy during the great depression era. He was often given two shotgun shells by his dad and told to go shoot a dinner of quail for the family with only those two shells. He would only shoot when the quail gathered close together to insure he could get about 8 quail per shot. This meant only shots on the ground or on fences were possible. When I shot my first quail with him (after about 6 shots) and it turned out to be the century, you can imagine the verbal smack I had to listen to! He taught me the value of only shooting "skillet shots"............. which remains my goal to this day when I hit the hills for quail.

• Like 2

Wow that’s what terrible! Really hope it was a Champ permit, though with the vehicle and multiple people firing it’s still upsetting. In 27, I was talking to a guy camped next to us and he said he saw multiple hunters taking 1000 yard shots and firing all over the place. In fact, a group of hunters even ended up shooting the tree they were posted under since the shots were going everywhere. You should only be prepared to shoot the shot you know you can take. Shameful otherwise