Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Unpacking

Any one else like Me and hate unpacking and unloading the truck from a hunting trip. I would allmost pay some one if they knew where to put everything. To me its depressing even with a successful hunt. Cause You know the fun is over, back to work and you are tired as chit...I did get a Average Coues ,so i am happy, but You look all year for that hunt and now its over. When I get energy I will post a pic.................BOB!

• Like 5

Toby, There is no such thing. Carry on! Allways gotta be a smart AZS out there...........BOB!

9 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

I just don't unpack.

This^^^^^

this subject hits home for us. I blessed myself with the gift of time a few years ago so I have more than most. So with 50 plus days in the field and several different camps it seems like a full time job staying on top of gear. Switching from backpack to horse base camp to horse pack in to wall tent to bivy and tarp to our cabin then back to backpack and so on . My garage and den are covered in gear packed and half unpacked, the horse trailer looks like a tornado touched down. 

Thanks a lot Bob now I'm stressed and need to go clean and sort

• Like 2

12 hours ago, naturebob said:

Toby, There is no such thing. Carry on! Allways gotta be a smart AZS out there...........BOB!

That's what we do...... Of all people Bob you should be able take a little humor.....

• Like 1

I'm finally unpacked.  I hunted nearly every weekend from April till November this year.  My wife let me know how much I spent and next year she's going to Europe for a couple of weeks instead of me hunting. 

• Haha 1

I have a little baggy of high end, light weight tent stakes that have found the ultimate hiding spot and it's driving me crazy that I can't locate them. 

Thanks again Bob now I'm searching for those again

• Like 1

Yes, hate it! 

This is one silly reason I continually think about buying a travel trailer instead of renting them.  I could leave 3/4 of my stuff in place and could avoid that rush to unload once I get home. 

I do realize I should just be grateful I have stuff and get to hunt but unpacking and losing stuff is a big downer.  🙁

• Like 1

Red , I am going to go that route. camper. Will save alot of hassle. Toby, Wer'e  good Dude, No problem...............BOB!

• Like 1

I Still aint unpacked form my daughters elk hunt 2 years ago. heres how it works at my house. I come home go take a nap. then get up grab firearms binocs and toss them on floor. then eat dinnner. after that I back truck up to garage and drop everything off. the stuff that goes in the house I lay on the floor or couch. Stuff like jackets sleeping bags. coolers I lay on the counter to drain the water and grab ice cold cokes.

then I hit the bed. wake up the next morning and wife goes where you going to put this stuff. Ummmm crap forgot to put the guns and binocs in safe. then I goto to work. she works with me,  your going to pick the stuff up when you get home right. and you need to get those coolers off the counter cause there heavy.  umm OK but tahts cause there still full of ice water and cokes, I thought your were going to get that out when I went to bed ;).

go home late cause I work late ;) I usually say hey if you unload the coolers they will be lighter for you to pick up off the counter and set them down in the garage, dont forget to wipe them dry. Thanks hun.

she does get me back a few times. stacks everything right next to the safes or any walk space into the garage. so i just push them closer to main garage door and there ready for next time.