Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

Swaro 15's HD VS Razor 18 UHD

I'm considering buying one or the other...……………...

Has anyone compared side by side the new 18x56 Razor UDH binos next to the Swarovski 15x56 HD's? Pro's /Cons of each?

Thank You!

55 minutes ago, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

Has anyone compared side by side the new 18x56 Razor UDH binos next to the Swarovski 15x56 HD's? Pro's /Cons of each?

Thank You!

I am thinking of trying Maven 18x56.  With the demo program if don't like them got 2 weeks to send them back for full refund. 

4 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Have not. The 18's have a smaller FOV @ 194 vs 238

Plus keep in mind, probably only about 70% of the 18s field of view is gonna be sharp, versus basically 100% of the swaros. So you’re really looking at usable field of view about half of the swaros fov.Just my opinion,I’m sure someone will dispute me...

I have no problems picking out deer at a 1000 yards with 15s.  If you need 18s just bring a spotting scope then.   

18 hours ago, Zeke-BE said:

I have no problems picking out deer at a 1000 yards with 15s.  If you need 18s just bring a spotting scope then.   

I was thinking of 18’s as an alternative to 15’s....... I’ve had Viper 15’s and SLC Swaro 15’s......sold both and switched to Razor 12’s...... the 12’s are nice  just aren’t powerful  enough to pick through Coues country effectively.

Ideally I’d like twin spotters, but can’t justify packing  the extra weight. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

Thank You!

Look hard at the meopta. Best bang for the buck imo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

I was thinking of 18’s as an alternative to 15’s....... I’ve had Viper 15’s and SLC Swaro 15’s......sold both and switched to Razor 12’s...... the 12’s are nice  just aren’t powerful  enough to pick through Coues country effectively.

Ideally I’d like twin spotters, but can’t justify packing  the extra weight. 

I've said it for years whenever this comes up. There is just no replacement for magnification.

Hog hunter was selling some 18 UHD’s.  He’s a connoisseur of obscure and different binos and I think he was less then impressed by them if I remember right. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

Thank You!

I figure I'd follow up on this topic incase someone else was in the same boat...……..I ended up getting a good deal on some UHD Razor 18's from Scott at Liberty Optics (referred by Doug at CameraLandNY). It took a few weeks to get the binos because of high demand, but the deal was worth the wait.  scott@libertyoptics.com , libertyoptics.com

I used them on one Couse hunt earlier this month and was blown away by the quality and overall performance of these binos. For the $$ you cant beat them. We were looking at deer 2 miles away and with 12's you couldn't tell if they were bucks or doe. Quick glance with the 18's and you could clearly see what they were. Tough to freehand but if you have something to lean on they aren't bad. I would recommend having a pair of 8's or 10's for quick scans and close (within 150 yard) glassing. I haven't had them side by side against Swaro's but would be willing to do so if someone on the east side of the valley wanted to compare.  

Good Luck!! JS