Sign in to follow this  
jim

Grandsons best buck

This was Seans 3rd buck and by far his best. We glassed up this buck along with three other smaller bucks and several does about a mile away.  Both my grandsons had tags so with my buddy Dave keeping glass on them we started the hike in to try and get a shot at them. This was around 8 am. It took us around a hour to get 600 yards from the deer and we got set up to try and figure out where the bigger buck had bedded down. Dave was trying to explain to me the tree he had gone into and not came out of. We watched the next biggest buck try and mount a doe and decided to go ahead and try and get close enough to have my youngest grandson Fabian try and take him and then see if we could get the bigger buck when he stood up. We moved into a ridge that was 300 hundred yards from the saddle the three point kept chasing the does in. That put us 385 from where we thought the bigger buck was bedded at. Once we moved down to this spot we could no longer see the 3pt as he had went back into the saddle. For some reason a doe and fawn came out of the saddle and climbed up to where the doe and bigger buck was. When they got up there The bigger buck came out of his bed and started nosing the 2 does. That was when Sean got on the rifle and made a great shot at 385 to put down the big 4.  It was kinda crazy watching these deer rutting already.  I would also like to throw a thank you to Dave and his son Timmy as Timmi came down and drove his truck a couple miles up a wash to save me about 2 miles on the packout. 

thumbnail_20191130_125743_resized.thumb.jpg.57fb580525d64b0cebe008923984ebd9.jpgthumbnail_20191130_125804_resized.thumb.jpg.522193355e81887afc9458bc5ffe2868.jpgthumbnail_20191130_124846_resized.thumb.jpg.159ec254d473dc31de38681162f7e3bf.jpg

• Like 12
  • Great Buck! 3
  • Wow! 2

Congrats great looking buck

• Like 1

Very good buck!!!  Bigger than a lot of other bucks I have seen this year.  Shot placement looks good too.

• Like 1