CatfishKev

Meopta 15x56 SOLD!

5 minutes ago, Beaton said:

Sell them. Then when you buy again buy Swarovski even the non HD 15's are worth every penny

I'd buy these before I bought the non HD Swarovski.  You can find them cheaper and I believe outperform the non HDs.

• Like 5

I've compared them to the non hds and I believe these win. I couldn't tell a difference in clarity really but the meopta were definitely brighter.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I've compared them to the non hds and I believe these win. I couldn't tell a difference in clarity really but the meopta were definitely brighter.

I did the same thing....in a side by side comparison the Meopta were as clear and much brighter especially when glassing into the shade. Both pair were brand new. I kept the Meopta and sold the Swarovski’s. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beaton said:

Well I've never looked through the Meopta. I'm gonna have to check them out!

They are nice dude. I wish meopta made their own version of the Swaro EL. Been thinking about switching to 12s eventually.   

5 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

I did the same thing....in a side by side comparison the Meopta were as clear and much brighter especially when glassing into the shade. Both pair were brand new. I kept the Meopta and sold the Swarovski’s. 

Same exact thoughts here. Now HD Swsro vs HD Meoptas different story. :) but non HD slc not nearly as bright as cabelas Euro or Meopta hd.

13 hours ago, hoghntr said:

Same exact thoughts here. Now HD Swsro vs HD Meoptas different story. :) but non HD slc not nearly as bright as cabelas Euro or Meopta hd.

Have you done comparisons?

• Like 1

Great price on awesome glass. I’d be all over them if I didn’t already have a couple pairs.  

I have compared the 15x56 Meopta (Cabelas) HD (which I own) to Swaro SLC 15x56 (both HD and non-HD) side by side for hours glassing up deer in the desert.  

My ratings:

1.  Swaro SLC 15x56HD

2.  Meopta 15x56HD (just because the outer 10% was a bit less clear and slightly "fish eyed")

3.  Swaro SLC 15x56 non-HD 

For this price, it is a no-brainer to pick up the Meopta 15x56HD.  

• Like 2

I have too Lance including lots of poor light stacking. Was curious at some of the commenters experience as it appears there's a lot of guessing going on.

I have the Meopta's...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

Have you done comparisons?

Yes same as what Lance said above.

I try and compare as many as possible at least once a year sxs. :) i have let the regular slc go multiple times while hanging onto my Meopta's when some cash was needed. Right now I am selling either my HD swaro or Meopta HD and although HD swaro better I will not be heart broken to keep my Meopta/Cabela's HD. Have them in 10, 12, 15. the 8's I don't like in Cabela's euro for ergonomics reasoning.