Sign in to follow this  
no worries

300 PRC load data

Anyone reloading the 300 PRC ?  Would like to hear some results.  
Picked up a Bergara Highlander with a 24 inch, 1/9 twist barrel.  
thanks Jim

I just got my build up and going have a little successful load development still doing some fine tuning.

All data is from my 26" Proof Research 1:9

215gr Bergers Shot well with 80grs of H1000 .010" off the lands. This load was not hot in my gun but maybe in others depending on lot of H1000 and you chamber. I started at 77grs and stepped up in .5 grain increments with a ladder test till i got heavy bolt lift at 81.5 grs. The good upper node seemed to be right at 80-80.5 grs and velocity was around 2930fps. So I loaded 10 and shot groups this load shot sub .5 MOA. (Barrel should speed up a little after 150rds.) Hoping to settle in at 3000 FPS with the 215s.

Tried a ladder test with 230gr Bergers and they never shot under an 1MOA started at 77 and hit pressure signs at 80.5 grains of H1000. Gave up on those after several attempts, barrel doesn't seem to like them.

The 225gr ELDM hit pressure at 81 grs with H1000. The node seemed to be at 79-80 grs of H1000 .030" off the lands at 2960FPS.  I've got 10 rounds loaded for a couple of groups at 80grs H1000 .030" off the lands still waiting to be shot just need a day off. But it looks like they will easily shoot under .5 moa from what i saw on the ladder test.

Really liking the rifle and round so far just hoping the Hornady brass holds up. Hope this helps a little.

Thx Shooter.  
Any updates on load development.  

I ended up with 225s ELDMs over 79grs of H1000 at .030" off. They are running right at 3000fps out of a 26" Proof. Hornady brass is showing short life with this load so I've got some ADG on the way. 

20200306_164629.jpg

Thx Shooter.  
That’s a nice group. Are you going to develop another load for hunting?

No. I'll probably get crap for this but I've seen and had good success with ELDMs on game until that changes I will use the 225 for steel and hunting. Plan to put one in an elk this year. 

If they work, it doesn’t matter what the box says.  
I ordered a box of ADG brass and will try the 215 Bergers since they were available.  I have RL 26 and a pound of H1000.  
The Bergara is actually an 8 twist instead of a 9.  

A friend did some load development with my Bergara after finally receiving ADG brass. 
Final load is 

ADG 300 PRC brass

215M primer

Berger 215 hybrid  (.010 jump)

RL 26

2921 FPS  ( 24 inch factory barrel)

There might be faster accuracy node but I don’t see any reason to push it.  

815DB78F-B534-4ED5-BBF1-D6CC845288BA.jpeg

• Like 2