EODhuntr

Help with northern access to unit with weather

Just spent days in lower half of unit, need help with access to northern part of unit with only HD pickup no ranger/quad. Any help would be huge I’m headed back up tonight for the last few days....

Was below the rim from thurs to yesterday didn’t see anything after the storm. Was going to try the upper unit but I do not have a ranger just HD truck and access is rough without a ranger with snow. Looking for some access with my truck to give it a final hunt day tomorrow 

We just pulled out northern half of unit 8. It is a sloppy mess!!! We are lucky to get out where we were camped!! If your heading there make sure someone knows where you are!! It is bad that’s why we got out of there. Suppose to rain & snow tonight & it is gonna be worse than this morning. We gave it heck since Friday & didn’t even see an elk. We were not road hunting we were back in the dark timber & nothing. Good luck !!

Elk in unit 8 from the top of the mountain down to the verde river. If your not fighting snow your gonna be fighting mud. Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muleybowhunter said:

was over by 8 and it sounded like a war zone over there, i glassed alot of elk in the canyons.

I was in 8 since Wednesday until today. We were back by sycamore Canyon in 6 days of hunting hard & glassing we saw 0 elk & heard 7 shots in 6 days. Not sure where the war zone was.

all the elk moved to unit 10 LMAO

Seriously theres elk all over in unit 8 from north to south east to west, most of the time there 100 yards from the main roads. Wish I had a late elk hun up there it would be a blast.

6 hours ago, goinhuntn said:

I was in 8 since Wednesday until today. We were back by sycamore Canyon in 6 days of hunting hard & glassing we saw 0 elk & heard 7 shots in 6 days. Not sure where the war zone was.

right on the border of 6b and 8 i was in there sunday and monday and heard over 20 shots in 2 days coming from 8, i was on a road that splits the two units.  all the elk i found looked like mtn goats where they were. 

We have been out every day for a week in 8. Yesterday about noon we had a hard time getting out around Devi dog road. I wouldn't worry about getting up high. There are lots of elk down low right now.