Sign in to follow this  
Extrapale

Broken bull

First post here for me I think. My brother shot this nice bull in six B this week. I thought I'd share with you guys. 

Also, long shot I know, but I will ask anyway. If someone has the broken antler, I would compensate you to be able to get it reunited with the rest of the rack. 

My brother is driving home now, and knows nothing about this. I thought it wouldnbe cool to give to him for Christmas.

I actually passed a broken bull in Nevada in 2015. My brother later found the broken antler a few miles away. We were able to find the bull againbthe next evening, and my taxi put it back together.

IMG_0249.jpg

• Like 2

I don't have any other pics of his bull yet. The intact antler had no 3rd, but as you can see the broken antler has a 3rd. The intact antler would be a 7pt if it had a 3rd. 

Long shot is an understatement.. you’re better off finding a taxidermist who’s willing to try repairing it with a different antler

• Like 3

If you by chance have ilany pics of the bull before he lost it that could help. Congrats to your bro.

12 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

If you by chance have ilany pics of the bull before he lost it that could help. Congrats to your bro.

No unbroken pics of the bull. I know the chances are very bad at getting it, but the chance was zero if I didn't ask. 

He did not make a scouting trip this year. We are from Oregon, so a scouting trip is a big committment.

3 of us had the same tag last year. My brother and his two boys drew again this year. I made a scouting trip last year and I actually saw the bull I ended up killing.

20 minutes ago, Extrapale said:

Last year's bulls

IMG_07891.jpg

Nice job! Whereabouts in Oregon? I went on an elk hunt in Mitchell, Oregon this year. Pretty neat country. 

3 minutes ago, muleybowhunter said:

Where you guys camped with the wall tent by a trail head? and was this bull shot friday in the snow storm?

Yes, that is their camp. My nephew shot his bull Friday.

IMG_0187.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GJMauro12 said:

Nice job! Whereabouts in Oregon? I went on an elk hunt in Mitchell, Oregon this year. Pretty neat country. 

We live in the Cascade foothills in Western Oregon. 

Those are AZ bulls.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, muleybowhunter said:

Where you guys camped with the wall tent by a trail head? and was this bull shot friday in the snow storm?

Couple more pics of my 2018 bull, and my other nephew's bull from this year.

IMG_0262.jpg

20181204_131456~2.jpg

20181201_083002~2.jpg

• Like 1

It seems the out of staters have pretty good luck with the late tag draw odds. Was  on a hunt in unit 8 a few years ago and ran into a non resident who had also drawn the hunt two years in a row. 

On 12/8/2019 at 10:18 PM, Explorer said:

It seems the out of staters have pretty good luck with the late tag draw odds. Was  on a hunt in unit 8 a few years ago and ran into a non resident who had also drawn the hunt two years in a row. 

We had 6 points apiece last year. They had a 5 point avaerage this year. Not much luck involved.