elkhunter

Pops 2019 buck

Pops arrived in the unit on Sunday and spotted bucks all week but passed em all up. I was finally able to get off work Thursday and the next day and half was spent chasing nice bucks unsuccessfully. Seems like once we work in shooting range and get set up they decided to boogie out of the area. Finally found this buck bedded and he behaved himself letting us get to 328 yards undetected. Pops waited in shooting position for an hour and half, the sun broke through the clouds and the buck started to get warm. He got up, did a little stretch and pop laid him back down in his bedding spot. I knew the buck was nice but never knew he had giant eyeguards or an 8 inch kicker until 30 minutes before pops shot. When I noticed it I said ****, but I didn’t tell pops anything. After he smoked the buck I told pops about the eyeguards and kicker and that was just a bonus for him. D74320CD-75DD-40B1-BCE8-2228F52D7DC6.thumb.jpeg.5140b577a66887d998ca8f85ab239033.jpeg75CBC882-660D-4C96-9B84-35D0AA9551F1.thumb.jpeg.0b60eafd0f6d51378d3ad64fc760f840.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Great Buck! 4
  • Wow! 1

nice. wide. buck.  yea.

Good Lord forbid-i may have to put in for coues deer again.  came close to taking a 3B coues but it is just not going to happen.

tippin' my hat to another old killer!  

lee

i know its not but...anyone seen GRONG around?

Love it. And no camo. Great looking buck. Is he going to have it mounted?

12 hours ago, 25-06 said:

Love it. And no camo. Great looking buck. Is he going to have it mounted?

No taxidermy, just boil the skull and slap it on the wall. 👍 

• Like 1