More D

Strange things found while out hunting.....

I found these out while hunting in 36A, the Sierritas.

I figure that I was at least 1/2 a mile from any roads. I  was climbing up to a glassing point so steep that I was crawling on all fours most of the time. 

They are metal and magnetic but appear copper colored. The first photo really gets me....they are wing shaped.

20191208_184101.jpg

20191208_183943.jpg

20191208_184022.jpg

Edited by More D
Added location found.
  • Wow! 1

The shape is what lead me to think the same sort of thing.

Might help to know where they were found.

4 hours ago, Saguaro said:

Probably a piece of a jet engine turbine blade.  

kool find.  back in the 1990's blackhawks and warthogs played all day and all night in the skys over the altar valley and surrounding ranges.

my favorite finds there were a couple black 300 H & H magnum cases on the Palo Alto ranch.

lee

32 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

kool find.  back in the 1990's blackhawks and warthogs played all day and all night in the skys over the altar valley and surrounding ranges.

my favorite finds there were a couple black 300 H & H magnum cases on the Palo Alto ranch.

lee

I found this perfect stone circle in the Sierritas, about 15yds in diameter about 1/4 mile from the nearest track. Initially thought it could have been a small impact crater, but the stones were stacked so purposely. I wonder if it was a training target, gonna have to go back and pay attention to the metal fragments that were around and see if any are like the above.. cool find.

i found a flare off a fighter jet they used for training in 36a. Kindof a clay type material wrapped in foil, about the size of a snickers bar. I buried it, honestly it sketched me out thinking some bozo would toss it into their camp fire to see what might happen. 

6 minutes ago, NewlyMinted said:

I found this perfect stone circle in the Sierritas, about 15yds in diameter about 1/4 mile from the nearest track. Initially thought it could have been a small impact crater, but the stones were stacked so purposely. I wonder if it was a training target, gonna have to go back and pay attention to the metal fragments that were around and see if any are like the above.. cool find.

being so close to town it sounds like some kind of a psuedo-sweat lodge circle-but HUGE!

lee

Not strange but odd. Found a very old rifle barrel sticking out of the sand in a wash in 21. Dug it out and there was more than just the barrel. The receiver was attached. Was a level action with side-load chamber. Super heavy, very rusted, no wood. Definitely a rifle from way back but not sure what kind or from when. Hanging in my garage now.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

After hand calling my first lion in and missing with my pistol.. I dropped off into the canyon below and found a string running accross a wash with really small bones tied every few feet on it. It was about 6’ In height running across maybe 15 feet.

Pig Hunting in 34A years ago, I came across  about a 4' belt  of loaded 50 cal   cartridges.  Hauled them back to the truck and one of the guys I was hunting with was active duty at DM. He felt they had fallen from an aircraft due to the remoteness of the area, and he said  he should take them to the base for disposal, I was fine with that.  He called me the next day and said his CO called him stating they were very unstable and demanded to know where they came from.  I told him I really didnt want a military detachment sweeping my happy hunting grounds and if I saw any more I would call  him. Never found any more,

Packing in for a sheep hunt in 40B, came across a downed AA Drone. There was miles of steel line spun off from tow missles and .50 cal casings everywhere.

2 hours ago, NewlyMinted said:

In northern Sonora they make those types of digs and line them with stone to make charcoal. Very round and not too deep.