Sign in to follow this  
flyfishaz

Unit 23 late rifle.

Congrats on a great bull.  I had the same hunt.  I heard of some nice bulls being taken but for the most part it was tough because of the roads.  And I don't think we saw a mature bull that wasn't broke up.  Some of them missing entire main beams.  We weren't able to get into our "A" spot until Tuesday because of the high stream flows.  We ended up taking a couple bulls late in the hunt to fill the freezers.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 7:00 AM, AZbowhntr said:

Congrats on a great bull.  I had the same hunt.  I heard of some nice bulls being taken but for the most part it was tough because of the roads.  And I don't think we saw a mature bull that wasn't broke up.  Some of them missing entire main beams.  We weren't able to get into our "A" spot until Tuesday because of the high stream flows.  We ended up taking a couple bulls late in the hunt to fill the freezers.

Thanks!  I think the key to our success was that we got into our hunting spot before the big storm hit.  We just thought if we could make it through that day with our 3 season Walmart tent, we would do fine because we could hunt and not have to drive anymore.

• Like 1