Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Who am I?

30 minutes ago, DUG said:

I'm quite sure he's dead. How could you live with yourself after doing that unspeakable crime? He would have goofed by now if still alive.

He was an odd duck for sure. A loner and didn't participate in any school sports or activities.

Anyone willing to execute their family has no conscience so I'm sure he feels nothing.

• Like 2

i wonder if someone picked him up off young road. didnt he bring his dog and leave it there with his truck? wasnt he caught on bashas security cam in payson or was that a rumor

20 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

i wonder if someone picked him up off young road. didnt he bring his dog and leave it there with his truck? wasnt he caught on bashas security cam in payson or was that a rumor

He's never been seen since that fateful day in 2001.  I read an article not too long ago where law enforcement stated that every reported sighting or lead has turned up false.  I can't find the article tho. 

The pucker is dead. He was a coward. Im betting his remains are scattered somewhere in the Young area, probably in one of the many caves a person can find throughout the Rim country. 

11 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

He's never been seen since that fateful day in 2001.  I read an article not too long ago where law enforcement stated that every reported sighting or lead has turned up false.  I can't find the article tho. 

The pucker is dead. He was a coward. Im betting his remains are scattered somewhere in the Young area, probably in one of the many caves a person can find throughout the Rim country. 

Wasn't his vehicle pulled out of a ditch near Payson after he called a tow truck? The driver says it was him. 

Problem is his SUV wasn't found for 10 days after the crime. You could circle the globe a half dozen times in that amount of time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Edge said:

Wasn't his vehicle pulled out of a ditch near Payson after he called a tow truck? The driver says it was him. 

Problem is his SUV wasn't found for 10 days after the crime. You could circle the globe a half dozen times in that amount of time.

I really don't know.  Guess anything is possible. I hope im wrong and that coward is found, but Im still leaning to the simplest explanation.

The more assumptions one has to make, the more unlikely an explanation.

Timeline: The Robert Fisher case

The Republic | azcentral.comPublished 8:31 a.m. MT Nov. 26, 2014

Fisher house

(Photo: The Republic)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

•  
CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

It was April 10, 2001, when a house in Scottsdale exploded, covering up a grisly scene inside. After the fire was put out, authorities found the bodies of Mary Fisher and her two children. Authorities believe Mary's husband, Robert, slit the throats of his children and shot his wife in the head earlier in the morning, shortly before setting their Scottsdale home ablaze. Robert Fisher was missing.There have been numerous tips about possible Fisher sightings called into the FBI over the years, but he has never been found. Here is a timeline of the case:

10 p.m. April 9, 2001

Robert Fisher and his wife, Mary, are said to have had a loud argument about 10 p.m. in their Scottsdale house.

10:45 p.m. April 9, 2001

Robert Fisher withdraws $280 - the maximum amount allowable - from an ATM at 10:45 p.m. at 74th Street and McDowell Road in Scottsdale. The surveillance camera shows that Fisher was alone in his wife's Toyota 4Runner.

April 10, 2001

At 8:42 a.m., a blast rings through a Scottsdale neighborhood, and flames engulfing the residence at 2223 N. 74th Place. The charred remains of Mary Fisher, Brittney Fisher and Robert Fisher Jr. are discovered inside. Their throats were slit and their bodies doused with an accelerant. Notably missing is Robert Fisher Sr., who is quickly labeled a person of interest.

April 17, 2001

Nearly 1,300 people attend a memorial service at Scottsdale Baptist Church.The bell choir started the service, walking down the aisle in red shirts and black gloves and hitting gentle high notes that lingered in the air, just like the unanswered questions. There were no copious tears, and there were precious few laughs at the memorial service for Mary Fisher, 38, and her children, Brittney, 12, and Bobby, 10. Plainsclothes police officers also attend, looking for Robert Fisher.

April 20, 2001

A camper spots Fisher, his dog and SUV near the wilderness outside of Young, Ariz. Officials speculate whether Fisher may have killed himself. A trained "cadaver dog" on loan from the Arizona Department of Corrections failed to pick up any trace of a corpse in the honeycomb of caves underneath the Naeglin Rim region of the Tonto National Forest where the manhunt was centered. Exhaustive searches in caves come up empty. Asked at the time to evaluate the odds of Fisher being either alive or dead, Gila County Deputy R.H. Wade pantomimed tossing a coin and slapping it onto his wrist. "We just don't know what else to do," he said.

June 2002

A computer-altered image of Robert Fisher.

A computer-altered image of Robert Fisher. (Photo: FBI)

Fisher is placed on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list. He remains there today. The FBI is offering a reward of $100,000 for information that leads to his arrest. "There's nothing to indicate he's taken his life," said Sgt. Douglas Bartosh of Scottsdale police at the time. "In fact, we don't want people to write him off and begin to think that's a possibility. Obviously, if people begin to believe that, then they're going to stop looking for him."

A man with striking similarities to Fisher is taken into custody in suburban Vancouver, British Columbia. The similarities were tantalizing. Same facial structure. Same short haircut. A surgical scar on the back. Even a missing tooth where fugitive Robert Fisher's gold bicuspid had been. Const. Tim Shields told reporters in Canada that "in this case it's just not as clear cut as it normally could be. Things have become somewhat more complicated, and we're going to have to look at other means, even including dental records, to try and identify this man and determine if he is the man who we think he may be." But the fingerprints don't match.

A hunter discovers an illegally owned makeshift cabin in Arizona national forest lands. Authorities are able to locate a vehicle related to the cabin and rule out speculation that Fisher was the owner.

FBI and Scottsdale police enlist the help of local caving and spelunking communities to see if they have found any traces of Fisher.

Scottsdale police ask Arizona Game and Fish employees and associates to keep a lookout for people who may have come across Fisher.

October 2014

Law enforcement officials in Colorado arrest two people after acting on a tip that the notorious Arizona fugitive Fisher was at a Commerce City, Colo., home. John Jacoby, 44, and Andrew Hurtando, 39, are held for investigation of possession of a schedule two substance with the intent to distribute, obstruction, and possession of an illegal weapon, according to Colorado police. There appears to be no indication that these men are connected to Fisher, police say.

On the episode of "FBI" last night the story line was similar. Guy killed his kids then the wife. Pops gas line off and house blows up. Camps out in the woods at a favorite place and leaves the dog with the vehicle. He's nowhere to be found. Eerie!

7 hours ago, DUG said:

On the episode of "FBI" last night the story line was similar. Guy killed his kids then the wife. Pops gas line off and house blows up. Camps out in the woods at a favorite place and leaves the dog with the vehicle. He's nowhere to be found. Eerie!

Yes I read where that episode was based on Fisher

• Like 1

If he was a loner it would be difficult to follow up with acquaintances. Similar to the couple in tonto basin that were tracked down.

i would assume this character to be narcissistic. I don’t think this type can Off themselves.

i was not aware off all of the cabes near the rim. Any pics of the areas?

i was reading somewhere not too long ago that where his dog and vehicle were found was near the border of the reservation and that authorities could not cross that border, i bet he hiked onto the rez and made his getaway. don't know how true that is about authorities not being able to go on the rez