Sign in to follow this  
Cohunter1989

Rifle seasons.

The Regs say nothing about first season, seconds season, etc.

I can't stand odds sites that use these designations. Lots of units have lots of different hunts. There is no standard hunts, look at 33. Now there is two general Oct Hunts, 3 General Nov hunts, 2 rifle youth hunts. 

Go Hunt does the same thing. Makes me wonder if they actually read the regs. 

51 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Have you looked at the regs and a calendar?

Where does it say first season, second season, third season etc in either the regs or a calendar? I see none of that written in either. 

10 hours ago, Cohunter1989 said:

I’ve been a little bit confused about what the actual seasons are. Toprut shows a early, 2nd, 3rd and late. What are the dates of these? I’m sure it’s a really dumb question.

The seasons are what they are. The regs. give you all the dates needed.

• Like 1

I think you'll find that when people refer to the "early hunt" or "early rifle" here in AZ, they are generally referring to the first rifle hunt for that particular unit in that year.  (Seems like most often this hunt occurs in late October.)

S.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CouesFanatic said:

Where does it say first season, second season, third season etc in either the regs or a calendar? I see none of that written in either. 

It’s chronological. 

4 hours ago, oz31p said:

It’s chronological. 

It's chronological by week of the year. The game and fish uses the week of the year to set the hunts. There is no designation for first season, second season, third season in Arizona. Using a numbered season naming system in a state that doesn't use that system is causing confusion. These sites should to use the hunt numbers, hunt dates or at least call them the late oct hunt, early nov hunt, late nov hunt etc.

• Like 1

the first hunt in the unit, is the first season. the second hunt in the unit is the second season. etc.  if you cant figure that out you should be wearing a helmet. 

• Like 4