Sign in to follow this  
Cohunter1989

Rifle seasons.

33 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

the first hunt in the unit, is the first season. the second hunt in the unit is the second season. etc.  if you cant figure that out you should be wearing a helmet. 

According to who? The Game and Fish doesn't see it that way. Anyone who makes up their own naming system should be wearing a helmet.

i dont even know wtf you guys arguing. if someone told me they had the first hunt unit 22 id know they were talking about october. if someone said the 3rd hunt, id know they were talking about after thanksgiving. im pretty sure everyone knows that 

• Like 3

Here is the 36C WT hunts. In my mind the Oct hunt would be first, the first Nov hunt would be the second hunt, and so forth.

Screenshot_20191212-151027~2.png

• Like 1

The problem is there is now two hunts in October in some units, 3 November hunts(one that overlaps Nov and Dec), 2 December hunts, etc. Do the youth hunts apply? What about the muzzleloader hunts?  Does the Aug-Sept hunt count as the 1st season? Is late season technically January archery? It's a giant mess. Call the hunts what they are. This isn't Colorado. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

The problem is there is now two hunts in October in some units, 3 November hunts(one that overlaps Nov and Dec), 2 December hunts, etc. Do the youth hunts apply? What about the muzzleloader hunts?  Does the Aug-Sept hunt count as the 1st season? Is late season technically January archery? It's a giant mess. Call the hunts what they are. This isn't Colorado. 

Yes Sir you are correct with all the hunts, but I believe the original topic was Rifle Hunts.

• Like 1

I can’t believe I’m reading this!!!
so you concerned about the date or number of hunts in a unit ? you’re making it too complicated! They separate whitetail from md and all units are in chronological order  if there is 4 wt hunts in a unit they will be in order early to late  I don’t think wt rifle hunts overlap each other maybe late wt and archery run together.in the archery hunt they even black out the columns when there is no hunt for that date  no the youth hunt isn’t counted in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th. Doesn’t matter how many hunts in what month  the dates determine which is first second third etc.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JLW said:

I can’t believe I’m reading this!!!
so you concerned about the date or number of hunts in a unit ? you’re making it too complicated! They separate whitetail from md and all units are in chronological order  if there is 4 wt hunts in a unit they will be in order early to late  I don’t think wt rifle hunts overlap each other maybe late wt and archery run together.in the archery hunt they even black out the columns when there is no hunt for that date  no the youth hunt isn’t counted in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th. Doesn’t matter how many hunts in what month  the dates determine which is first second third etc.  

All I'm saying is calling it the first season, second season, third season is making things confusing for a lot of people. It would be easier to use the dates or hunt numbers or call it by early oct, late oct, early nov etc. Youth hunts, archery hunts, mule deer hunts all make it confusing. If someone says I have the first hunt in unit 33, I'm not sure if they mean the august archery hunt, the Early October youth hunt or the Early Oct Rifle hunt. 

If you are running a paid service to provide draw statistics, at least accurately say which hunt it is instead of calling it the 4th season 33 Coues hunt. 

28 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

you need to find some other things to worry about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

you need to find some other things to worry about. 

I worry about regs and hunts year round. It's an obsession...

Waiting on deer recommendations but I think we have a few months.

Just now, CouesFanatic said:

I worry about regs and hunts year round. It's an obsession...

early archery hunt, first rifle hunt, late rifle, late archery.  i had the third rifle this year.

First second third fourth etc are only referring to wt hunts since they have multiple hunts in certain unit. Archery is otc if you have a tag it’s good for all 3 hunts as long as you only bag 1 per season. The problem lies with the service.  We have our own mathematicians here. Look at the actual reg book and you will get their lingo

I can't believe I am reading this too. Somebody needs more than a Helmet. My God!............BOB!