sjvcon

Diesel Rebuild Shops

Can anyone give a recommendation on a First Rate Diesel Rebuild/Reman shop in the Phoenix Metro Area?  I have 470K on the Cummins and she's burning oil at a pretty fair clip.  Like to get an estimate to get it completely remanufactured … new Turbo, new Injectors, New Injector Pump, Water Pump … the works.

Suggestions?

My good friend has a well established shop on 20th st and East Van Buren. He has done all my work from the Car lot and I refer all my friends to him. He has a large Machine shop there also. I have used him for 30+ years. He knows diesels. His name is John Roeckner, Sundance Automotive. 602-340-0966 

• Like 1

I would contact these guys, they are the Diesel guru’s in the east valley. 

Bartling Enterprise

22430 S Scotland Ct, Queen Creek, AZ 85142
(480) 895-0545

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Man, the amount that that will cost would be a heck of a down payment on a slightly used, much newer Cummins.

Company ride, and I doubt they'll spring $70k, which is what a truck the way mine is set up would cost.  Got 1 quote of $18k...easier to swallow that pill.  Just hoping for a quote in the $15k range.  Otherwise I'll end up with some little junk half ton....no thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjvcon said:

Can anyone give a recommendation on a First Rate Diesel Rebuild/Reman shop in the Phoenix Metro Area?  I have 470K on the Cummins and she's burning oil at a pretty fair clip.  Like to get an estimate to get it completely remanufactured … new Turbo, new Injectors, New Injector Pump, Water Pump … the works.

Suggestions?

Order all your parts injectors, turbo, etc....

Then have someone build it like Impact Diesel, or Poor Boys diesel; you'll save some money and get the parts you want.

Good suggestions.  I will get some quotes from these guys.

$15-18k will buy you a used whole cummins truck with half as many miles on it. 

7 hours ago, sjvcon said:

Suggestions?

You didn’t even name the parts that cause oil consumption. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

You didn’t even name the parts that cause oil consumption. 

The reman will take care of that...rings are bad.  The rest of the parts are what SHOULD get replaced with the Reman...nit doing it would be dumb.

3 hours ago, sjvcon said:

The reman will take care of that...rings are bad.  The rest of the parts are what SHOULD get replaced with the Reman...nit doing it would be dumb.

Spending 18 Grand on a reman is kind of dumb.