Sign in to follow this  
Couesnut

Couesnut 3rd Generation

My Grandson took his first deer on an Oct left over tag.  No new fangle Creed...No Super Scope...No TriClamp

"Old School",   Spot & Get Closer.. .308 Win.  VX 3x10   350 yds.  Standing, Resting on Tripod, Safari stile.  One Proud GrandPa. I love hunting with this guy.

IMG_2620.thumb.JPG.c7b76e0318ed284f80ae4500684eb6b0.JPGIMG_2618.thumb.JPG.2e824d3b3807df388120bcac9c694491.JPGIMG_2602.thumb.JPG.c992d2175ae8b06b8555b990ab5b2223.JPG

Edited by Couesnut
added content
  • Like 11
  • Great Buck! 1

You mean someone actually thinks getting closer to an animal is part of the hunt And experience vs pulling the trigger after dad dials everything in? And taking an ethical shot at some distance that wind and movement and heart rate isn't as big of factor?  Wow, I thought I was the only one left! Congratulations to him and you and one heck of a buck especially for  left over.  

• Like 5

No picture of the buck on that plaque you made? Haha

i still have your ice chest. I’ll try to get it back to you this week or next. I haven’t forgot about you, just been super busy! 

Brian

Im pretty sure I hunted in that same spot before!   But congrats to the 3rd generation hunter.  Lot bigger than my first deer by a mile