hunterofcoues

Just developed October pictures...

Went deep into the Chiricahua wilderness and woke up to a glassing nightmare fog until 10 AM. Friday was shot. Friday sucked. Saturday morning we saw a really wide non-typical coues, but he did not present a shot. Sunday morning, more does, bucks missing. Sunday afternoon, 2PM, six deer feeding at 200 yards. While trying to find the hidden buck, a 3 point walks by at 75 yards. My buddy got him. I imagined a spike in the group of deer so I continued after them. I caught back up to them in 30 minutes and waited for them to feed into a meadow where I had a probable shot. They picked up my scent and bolted, I cursed the swirling wind. Before I could plan anything further, a separate buck trots into the meadow exactly where the other six deer left. A 4X3 with double eye guard! My first coues deer, my buddies first coues!!! What a hunt.

Emailing pictures to Amanda

Hey there, That is the kind of story we want to hear, an see photograhic evidence of!

Double Congratulations!

I have one question... Are you hooked on Coues now?

Hunterofcoues,

Well, you went and did it. You'll never go back now. Good story and looking forward to the pictures. Congratulations on your first coues buck. Here's to many more.

Couesi1

congrats to both of you. You will have the fever like I got a couple of years ago and this is the best/toughest/greatest deer to hunt. Coues was my last deer to finish the grand slam of deer (all 5 B&C deer Muley,N. whitetail, columbian blacktail, sitka blacktail & coues) coues is the hardest and most enjoyable to hunt. You are sick/diseased/corrupted like the rest of us.........LOL........congrats again and I cant wait to see your pictures...........Allen Taylor........

WAHOO! Congrats to you both,I know there's some great coues in them Chiricahuas.My brother has a place just outside of the monument near the entrance,he rents of a rancher who's always telling about deer he's seen,man I need to come back home.Daniel

PICS?!?! PICS?!?!

:D

Agian, Joe and KEvin, Good job! Nice pics of those very decent deer!