Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Cartridge guru's

I have a linked belt of these, 7.62 blanks for training

Gotta remember blanks are crimped on the ends. Even shot tracers/  blanks  show signs of crimping. No sign of any crimping . I could be wrong. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, elkaholic said:

Gotta remember blanks are crimped on the ends. Even shot tracers/  blanks  show signs of crimping. No sign of any crimping . I could be wrong. 

Thanks

Every blank that I ever saw had a crimp on the end, but that's been over 40 years ago. I showed this to an Army EOD tech, and from this pic, she had no clue.

Not on my possession right now but will get clearer pics .

This round was empty and had no Mark's on necking. Looked like it'd take a reload. 22 or smaller.

Not all blanks are crimped on the end, I have a few like this here somewhere they are on a belt have no idea where I got them.

also did a quick search and they showed both crimped ones and non crimped ones. Non crimped ones look to be used on a m60.

edit: I'll ask my daughter when she gets home sat. what they are she shot hundreds of blanks and live rounds through the m240 last month which is the new 7.62 machine gun. she might know as that M240 is her favorite weapon

182a382635cae2bbd3cab3dc02d0189e.jpg

• Like 1

My dad has a coffee can full of those non-crimped type blanks. 

9 hours ago, Delw said:

Not all blanks are crimped on the end, I have a few like this here somewhere they are on a belt have no idea where I got them.

also did a quick search and they showed both crimped ones and non crimped ones. Non crimped ones look to be used on a m60.

edit: I'll ask my daughter when she gets home sat. what they are she shot hundreds of blanks and live rounds through the m240 last month which is the new 7.62 machine gun. she might know as that M240 is her favorite weapon

182a382635cae2bbd3cab3dc02d0189e.jpg

The m240 is hardly new