Couzer

25 creedmoor anyone?

20” Bartiln Barrel just came back from being Wrapped, let the build begin! 

D04E988A-8592-49DD-B408-FF3714D5C0A6.jpeg

• Like 3

Who wrapped it? 

Southernexpress is doing the build, he has a guy. One more pic of the action off 😊

B89E99DB-2D0A-40A6-9F47-4D53FA366F50.jpeg

It’s starting to come together 😊 I have a Zeiss HD5 3-15x42 I bought off a member here that I’m going to be upgrading to the next Zeiss V4. So I’ll be putting it up for sale soon. 
Also update on the Moa base I will be buying one from EGW, probably going with their 20 moa and if I have more adjustment left to play with I’ll send it back and have them mill/cut it to the 30moa then maybe to the 40moa. It’s nice that they offer this service to take it down. 

thank you Todd!

777254E9-60E8-4A4F-8081-D47844AFCDF0.jpeg

Go with the Zeiss victory 8 in 6.5-35x 60mm lens 36mm tube

14 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Go with the Zeiss victory 8 in 6.5-35x 60mm lens 36mm tube

Deeper than my pockets, wish I could. 

Pretty much done at the gunsmiths, just need to go pick it up and finish the rest, grip, scope and load rounds. 

270BBAF8-C88C-4C09-972E-CB9A41CBE9A4.jpeg

• Like 2

Is that muzzle brake a suppressor adapter?  You will have to let me know what you think of the MDT folding stock adapter.  More specifically if it locks up solid with 0.0 wiggle and also does it lock open while folded?  Slick looking 25!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Is that muzzle brake a suppressor adapter?  You will have to let me know what you think of the MDT folding stock adapter.  More specifically if it locks up solid with 0.0 wiggle and also does it lock open while folded?  Slick looking 25!

Thanks, I think it meant to be used as a multipurpose tool between a break, stabbing a bear and a Quick Detach for the Suppressor. I just use it for a Suppressor though. I think the design is a bit ridiculous, but it’s what it came with at the time. As far as the folding stock I’ll have to report back on it. There were 2 different options, a 2 way and 1 way. I went with the 1 way. I had Southernexpress put it all together for me and I have not hand the chance to pick it up yet. He’s out of town on a horseback excursion right now. 

Projectiles just came in, I’ll be loading this week

DA450263-D33A-49E6-AFDC-A063E5D7008C.jpeg

• Like 1

Very cool, I procrastinated on my dies and they are 2 weeks out now. I also bought the alpha brass, basically I’m ready to load. Nooch222 would you mind if I ask for your load data? I would REALLY appreciate it. Been doing some research and want to use a few different combinations to see how it does. Your group is amazing!!!

• Like 1

Just finished up a 25 CM for hunting this season, if I can get a tag. I also shoot PRS with a 25 CM so I have quite a bit of loading experience with it.  My niece took a muley last year with a 25 PRC I built and the 131 performed really well. I am using RL26 for the 25 CM. The one pictured has a 23” 1:7 barrel, 8 lbs 6oz as it sits and settled in at 3000 fps with 46gr.  This particular load has the same POI whether using a suppressor or not.  I am just interested if there have been any failures with the 131 Blackjack from those of you with more experience?  Do you do anything to the ogive to assure they expand effectively?  Any penciling or failures from shoulder hits?610D5723-8330-4E06-9B7A-9683AAA052B6.thumb.jpeg.15bf58e74a20d23cc9671f49945a405f.jpeg

• Like 1