Once a buck is located and you decide to make a stalk, lots of guys actually remove their boots and go double socks.  I took a pair of beach shoes and glued carpet to the bottom and keep them in my pack for when needed.  There is also a product I think called cat's paws that strach to your boots.  

As far as basic walking just depends on the terrain and boots as others have stated. 

• Like 1

I have shot over a dozen animals with my boots off archery hunting. It helps a lot.

Cactus in the feet is sometimes part of the game😉

25 minutes ago, WHALE said:

I have shot over a dozen animals with my boots off archery hunting. It helps a lot.

Cactus in the feet is sometimes part of the game😉

This^^^. I’ve tried covering my boots and using light weight sneakers.  I have to be able to feel the ground and the threat of sticky things and lack of traction forces me to slow waaaay down.  And after all those precautions..... I’m still a really crappy stalker so usually just sit ambushes. :)

I have never had to take my boots off..  I figure that is the second stinkiest part of my body and one swirl of the wind and I am done.  Just gotta be a ninja when you are bowhunting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

i have seen where guys on the mountain have glued 2 inch shag carpet to the bottom of their boots-makes for some strange tracks!

Those are illegals that got lost on their way north.....

I’ve killed around 20 animals with a bow in Arizona with my boots on. I ain’t starting now. 

• Like 3