Sign in to follow this  
az_hunter95

Anyone need a hunting partner for 21 in January?

Guess I haven't posted in a long time. Bought a spotting scope off someone ~2 years ago.

Anyways, My old man is getting a knee replacement on the 30th and am now without a hunting partner. I have both the otc deer and archery javelina tag for january. Looking for another person who is going solo, or a group of 2 that wouldn't mind an extra set of eyes.  

I hunt 21 every year in January and regularly see coues. My current plan is to drive up the 1st and leave Sunday after the morning/afternoon hunt. 

I have a truck/4wd, camping gear, spotting scope, backpack and pretty much everything I need to do a solo trip, just would prefer not to do a solo trip. My main target is a nice coues, but being unsuccesful on stalks the past 6 years has me ready to put a stalk on everything legal (minus spikes), and taking a shot should it present itself.

Any replies to this thread is greatly appreciated, and good luck to everyone else. PM me for contact info.

• Like 1

Talk to Cedr1k, he has a post in this forum and would probably jump at the chance to have an experienced person like your self mentor him.

I would offer to join you if I had time.  Since I dont I'll just leave you with encouragement.  Real hunters do it solo!  Coues are tiney, super easy to get out!

7 minutes ago, Buddro said:

I would offer to join you if I had time.  Since I dont I'll just leave you with encouragement.  Real hunters do it solo!  Coues are tiney, super easy to get out!

That's how a real hunter does it uh. I gues me and 90% of the other people are not REAL hunters.

Or you don't have any friends.

• Like 1

Okay, First of hunting alone is not bad. CAMPING alone is terrible and so boring. 

But I did have my most and best quality deer encounters. Hunted hard 3 days and 1 evening. Had a 4x4 mulie at 35 yards first morning, but no shot cause of does running in between and thick ocotillo cover. Saw a lot while glassing, most of the groups I saw were comprised of 7+ does (both WT & Mule). The Mule deer groups that had a buck, had a big buck with only 3-5 does. I did not see any coues bucks with does. Im sure this has changed and they are probably getting dumber by the minute. 

Didnt see any javelina, but I didn't really look for them as I was preoccupied. Sorry I didnt get any pics of the bucks. By the time I saw them, I was already making moves and things just got western.

Only coues buck I saw was well before light and was a forky

IMG_0937.thumb.jpg.23a5a4b94db4fd416c22847cc608d329.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

• Like 1

And I hate to say it, but after chasing the second mule deer, 4x4 with small forks but super wide. I blew the stalk, got super close to the buck & does without realizing it. I'm addicted to mule deer I think,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, az_hunter95 said:

I might go back out for saturday. Work has me traveling now for the next few weeks, and I like money so I am going to do that instead.

Your not a diehard. Jk good luck on Saturday.