DCMHunter

Max Bonus points

37 minutes ago, tomharveyb said:

If you don’t draw your first choic-you get a point

Negative.   Wyoming changed it where they didn’t issue points in the draw.  You had to go back during the point purchase time frame and buy one.  Lots of people are finding out the hard way 

1 hour ago, Northern Pintail said:

Negative.   Wyoming changed it where they didn’t issue points in the draw.  You had to go back during the point purchase time frame and buy one.  Lots of people are finding out the hard way 

I’m one behind max for elk, hoping a bunch of guys did what you said or I’m gonna he another 15-20 years to catch the unit I’m after.  

4 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

Did you buy your point after the draw?   A lot of people are figuring out they didn’t issue points in the draw if you didn’t get drawn.  You had to go back and purchase your point. 

Yes I bought my point after the draw since it is no longer an option during the draw

37 minutes ago, tomharveyb said:

No.  I included point fee in my app and when I didn’t draw I got a point

<iframe src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-T367ZKM" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden"></iframe>

APPLY OR BUYAPPLY MENU

If you are familiar with our online application/purchase processes, please continue by clicking on the appropriate Apply or Purchase button below. If you need additional information to apply for licenses, our online basics are available by clicking the button below.

Apply for a License

Apply for limited quota game animals, Super Tag raffle, preference points and other special draws.

New for 2019 - Nonresident elk, deer and antelope preference point purchase is only available between July 1st and October 31st.  Nonresident applicants will no longer have the option to apply for preference points when submitting the initial limited quota application.

OPEN APPLICATIONS

Super Tag Raffles (2020 season)

CLOSED APPLICATIONS

• Deer, Antelope, Elk (Opens 1/2/2020)
  • Bighorn Sheep, Moose (Opens 1/2/2020)
    Mountain Goat (Opens 1/2/2020)
  • Wild Bison (Opens 3/2/2020)
  • Spring Turkey (Opens 1/2/2020)
  • Fall Turkey (Opens 4/1/2020)
  • Limited Quota Sandhill Crane (Opens 4/1/2020)
  • Furbearing Animal (Beaver) Trapping (Opens 4/1/2020)
  • Springer & Glendo Pheasant (Opens 4/1/2020)
  • Preference Points Purchase

Additional information on applying for licenses

Purchase a License or Stamp

Purchase non-quota license, such as fishing license, stamps and permits, as well as leftover limited quota licenses.

• Purchase Licenses
  • Leftover Big Game Licenses
  • Bird/Small Game
  • Conservation Stamp
  • Archery License
  • Pheasant Special Management Stamp
  • Furbearer/Trapping
  • Black Bear
  • Mountain Lion
  • Other Stamps/Licenses
  • Elk Special Management Stamp
  • Fishing License
  • Fall Turkey

Watercraft Registration and AIS Decals

Renew your watercraft registration with Wyoming assigned number, purchase your AIS decal.

Renew Watercraft Registration
Update Watercraft Registration
Purchase AIS Decal Only
Email Newsletter

Email Newsletter Sign Up

Stay up to date on all Wyoming Game and Fish news either by email or text message. Click the link below to get started.

SHOP WYOMING GAME & FISH STORE   SHOP NOW!

Conserving Wildlife - Serving People

CONNECT WITH US

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Email

GAME & FISH COMMISSION
Commission Information

ABOUT US
About Wyoming Game & Fish

STOP POACHING
Report a violation

ONLINE STORE
Shop WGFD Merchandise

CAREERS
View our current jobs

PRIVACY POLICY
View our Privacy Policy

CONTACT US

Wyoming Game & Fish
Department Headquarters
5400 Bishop Blvd
Cheyenne, WY 82006
ph: (307) 777-4600
Contact Us
SEARCH:

wgfd_logo.png
© 2011 -2019,
Wyoming Game & Fish Department.
  • Like 1

Thank You everyone for the information.  I live in unit one and agree that there are a lot of small bucks.  I was really looking at 2a or 2c but then again access and small bucks has held me back.  What is the public access like in 19a or 19b?  I am also looking at units 4 and 5.  9 and 10 are really looking good, what is the access to the big bo like and would it be worth purchasing the access permit.  

56 minutes ago, DCMHunter said:

Thank You everyone for the information.  I live in unit one and agree that there are a lot of small bucks.  I was really looking at 2a or 2c but then again access and small bucks has held me back.  What is the public access like in 19a or 19b?  I am also looking at units 4 and 5.  9 and 10 are really looking good, what is the access to the big bo like and would it be worth purchasing the access permit.  

What is the public access like in 19a or 19b? 

Its huntable but all the good bucks pretty much get killed on the archery and muzzleloader hunts. 19B has more access available for a trespass fee. I think it’s pretty steep, but if you can pay there are typically some giant bucks. In 19B you can pay for access to Perkinsville, some years there are good bucks there, sometimes there aren’t and you waste $1500. 

I am also looking at units 4 and 5.

In 4A or 4B you might have to look harder for a top end buck but there is tons of public land. Looks like you would be bonus pass for 4B and maybe just out for 4A. 
5A and 5B are good units with tons of public land. You probably wouldn’t make bonus pass for either.

9 and 10 are really looking good, what is the access to the big bo like and would it be worth purchasing the access permit.  

I don’t know 9, but here good things. We hunted 10 this year. You definitely need the big bo permit, don’t get cheap and cut yourself off from more than 50% of the antelope habitat. Last year was supposedly a down year and we saw some really good bucks come out of there. It’s worth putting in for.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

• Like 1

Here are Eli Grimmett's thoughts (Pronghorn Guide Service) on the best units for 2020 and also prior years (look earlier in the blog). 

http://www.pronghornguideservice.com/blog

19 hours ago, elkhunter said:

Isn’t peak size 4 years old for lope? 

Maybe less. 

19a is a dying unit, herd size is dwindling and the area will be developed in a big way over the next 10 years.  This year, as far as I have observed, the winter herd size is way down.

• Like 1