Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

New Smoker on the market

Theres a new smoker on the market, gravity fed charcoal wifi bluetooth. I see this taking the place of a pellet smoker for the guys that are picky about the taste. I’m seeing some guys selling their yoders and treagers and going to this $499 Master built. Definitely not built like a yoder.

Mehh, too many moving parts and procedures  for us guzzling gourmets.  I'll stick with my Traegers, quick heat up, and simple operation. Push a button, put on meat. take of meat, pus a button to turn off.     I dont want to be the guy in" You might be a redneck, if you've ever been too drunk to grill".   I'd forget to open a door to start it or slide in the damper when its  done and burn a  whole stack of 'coal.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Mehh, too many moving parts and procedures  for us guzzling gourmets.  I'll stick with my Traegers, quick heat up, and simple operation. Push a button, put on meat. take of meat, pus a button to turn off.     I dont want to be the guy in" You might be a redneck, if you've ever been too drunk to grill".   I'd forget to open a door to start it or slide in the damper when its  done and burn a  whole stack of 'coal.

I agree but a wood smoker has much better flavor than the processed pellet smoker. 

• Like 1

Pulled up in the Driveway this evening and the neighbor was out and looked like he had a pig on the table. so I had to go next door.

they are cooking a full pig I figured in a pit in the back yard, then he showed me this caja china thing ma bob

https://www.lacajachina.com/

I was needing a new smoker kinda but this thing looks promising . I dont like the taste of pellet smokers either I like wood.

• Like 1

I'm still using a Little Chief my Dad got me in about 1975, has done a few tons of meat and fish in it's life, doesn't get hot enough to cook big pieces, I finish them in the oven

• Like 1

Wait, I've got a serious question;  Aren't the pellets made of wood????  Is there some additive that makes them not taste like "wood"?

I've got an OLD Brinkman (sort of an R2D2 looking thingy.....) that I use, and have been thinking of a new one.  Now I'm very curious about the taste of pellets.....

S.

I’ve never used pellets but I’m sure they’re just wood pulp and saw dust formed into a pellet. I didn’t realize there was a taste difference since I’ve only ever used solid wood. I’m using chips more now since I’ve started making different sausages.

8 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’ve never used pellets but I’m sure they’re just wood pulp and saw dust formed into a pellet. I didn’t realize there was a taste difference since I’ve only ever used solid wood. I’m using chips more now since I’ve started making different sausages.

The only taste difference is to people who hold some sort of grudge against new things. 

kinda like people who have an issue with some types of Camo. 

• Like 4

my understanding is the pellets are pressed  WOOD sawdust.  I  have never heard a complaint about the taste from them in 10 years.  To each their own.  My Traeger works for me, I can smoke a brisket or turkey that have only drawn rave reviews, and not worry about it while I do so.

• Like 4

Love my $99 electric smoker thankyou. Smoker's are like smart phones anymore, a new better one will be out tomorrow..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

The only taste difference is to people who hold some sort of grudge against new things. 

kinda like people who have an issue with some types of Camo. 

Only reason I haven’t jumped on the pellet smoker band wagon is I don’t want to have to run electricity to where my smoker is. I’m looking into a cold smoke box that’ll do pellets or chips with propane.

• Like 1