Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

New Smoker on the market

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Did brine it and dry it to get the pellicle skin before smoking 

That's two words in one day!!  🤓    (Yes, BTW...... ;) )

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stanley said:

Found some salmon on sale so broke out the old Brinkman today.  😉

Looks perfect, Stanley. 👍

I did some about two weeks ago, and coincidently we're having some tonight cold that is fixed like tuna salad. 

I break up a pretty decent size hunk and add mayonnaise, chopped onions, celery & pickled jalapenos. Flavor to taste with horseradish, a bit of chilli or chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Then squeeze some lime juice on top when on your plate. 

Another concoction is a dip. Shred a piece of salmon and mix with a pint of sour cream. I use dill, salt & pepper and chipotle power to spice it up. I usually eat it on crackers as an appetizer.

Right now, I have two pork roasts for pulled pork and three slabs of ribs marinating in the fridge. They go in the smoker manana. 

• Like 4

On 12/30/2019 at 9:45 PM, Delw said:

Pulled up in the Driveway this evening and the neighbor was out and looked like he had a pig on the table. so I had to go next door.

they are cooking a full pig I figured in a pit in the back yard, then he showed me this caja china thing ma bob

https://www.lacajachina.com/

I was needing a new smoker kinda but this thing looks promising . I dont like the taste of pellet smokers either I like wood.

I have a cajachina and the thing is awesome . I’ve Used it now a few times for whole pigs and ribs and the “box” works great! 

• Like 1

Just made ribs last night, I’m not sure how but I did over cook them somehow. Still tasted ok but not as good as they usually are. Done with Pellet Smoker.

7B9A8460-7778-4343-9D7D-944DB5AA4E9F.jpeg

2 hours ago, Vowell said:

Just made ribs last night, I’m not sure how but I did over cook them somehow. Still tasted ok but not as good as they usually are. Done with Pellet Smoker.

7B9A8460-7778-4343-9D7D-944DB5AA4E9F.jpeg

Do you use a Rib Rack so they cook upright? I would always forget to flip them once in a while and burn one side. I used one like this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Brinkmann-812-9236-S-Non-stick-Rib-Rack/30579681?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=9260&adid=22222222227022624458&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42535492472&wl4=pla-81197526992&wl5=9030029&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115780143&wl11=online&wl12=30579681&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQiAm4TyBRDgARIsAOU75soIw3YfV9_9nRdm7ljnQB5zdadr7WF3AnGk6LVSmDYnr71neCYFdLgaApfkEALw_wcB