Sign in to follow this  
deserttacoma84

Anyone had this happen while driving their hunting rig?

Happens to our chevys at work quite often... hitting a bump too hard or driving side hill on steep grade will do it.  Just cut airbag off and keep driving...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AZLance said:

Happens to our chevys at work quite often... hitting a bump too hard or driving side hill on steep grade will do it.  Just cut airbag off and keep driving...

Buy a Ford 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Sh!t how fast were you going???? I understand the border patrol guys blowing one out here and there but dang! I’d love to scan your truck and read your acceleration and yaw rate!! 

I cant imagine any faster than 10 mph. It was only maybe 20 feet, but from where i had to stop to reverse and get the truck into position, going from stop to full throttle in 20 feet... i was surprised there wasnt any damage. 

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Did your seat belts tighten? If all the bags and belts went off that’s enough cost to total certain vehicles.

Yea seat belts tightend down real good. My girlfriend was complaining her sternum hurt. It was a good jolt for sure. Bags didnt go tho. 

It was more of a what if. I was always under the impression the steering wheel locked up and the vehicle had to be towed after bags deployed. 

7 hours ago, deserttacoma84 said:

Yea seat belts tightend down real good. My girlfriend was complaining her sternum hurt. It was a good jolt for sure. Bags didnt go tho. 

It was more of a what if. I was always under the impression the steering wheel locked up and the vehicle had to be towed after bags deployed. 

Oh ok, you had me thinking this actually happened to you! Sure had me curious. The column doesn’t always lock up. Depending on the collision (and vehicle manufacturer) steering columns are meant to collapse in accidents. You can still turn the wheel usually but it’s wobble with a broken feel to it. Some vehicles have an igniter on the batter cable so if you wreck it blows the cable. If that happens your dead in the water. 

14 hours ago, AZLance said:

Chevys get nervous around bumps, hills....

17 hours ago, AZLance said:

Must be a NGL thing.....