Sign in to follow this  
ruppart

FS: ***SOLD PENDING FUNDS***Tikka T3 Stainless SuperLite 223

***SOLD PENDING FUNDS; THANK YOU***Very light, handy, and fun little rifle.  Scope is a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm with LR dot flex, set in 1" Talley rings.  Includes the pictured soft case.  Purchased this about 6 years ago to help my then-little kids transition to centerfire rifles and medium game hunting.  Took a javelina a mule deer with it.  Has about 300 rounds down the pipe.  Had some fun with them Duracoating the barreled action, stock, and scope, then applying some extra texture/color to the stock with some spray paint patterns.  Kids are all grown up now, and this girl doesn't get shot any more.  So hoping it can find a new home.  Would make a great walk-about coyote rifle. 

If interested, can also include 180 rounds of hand loads consisting of 65gr Sierra GameKing BTSPs over some H4895, moving ~3000 fps (load data on the boxes).

$550 face-to-face in the West Valley area.  No trades, please.

tikka_t3_223_1.jpg

tikka_t3_223_2.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, coueser4 said:

What is the twist rate? Is it stamped on the barrel?

1-in-8" twist, stamped on the barrel (picture below).  Thanks for asking, as I forgot about the difference in twist rate that made this one appealing to me way back when instead of the more powerful 22-250 that's somewhat limited (for what I wanted anyway) by a 1-in-12" twist, at least when I was looking.

tikka_t3_223_twist_rate.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flagstaff said:

Does the ammo come with it for the $550?

thanks

Yes.  Although, just so you know, it did sell last night.  Sorry I forgot to tag the post then.

10 hours ago, doogan said:

Any idea on the weight of it?

A little shy of 7 lbs loaded.  

Just FYI, rifle has sold.  Sorry I didn't mark it last night.