muley224

wolves

The biggest problem with wolves is they will hunt in bad weather. Like snow and hail. Complete savages if you ask me. Rain or shine they will hunt.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

The biggest problem with wolves is they will hunt in bad weather. Like snow and hail. Complete savages if you ask me. Rain or shine they will hunt.

Ya they are pretty crazy animals. 

Been to Big Lake x2.  Been into the Hoodoo pack both times.  The first time I had my kids and dog with me and 15 came in on us. 9 straight on, and 6 flanked us. Talk about pucker factor! Had my mini-14, but really didn't want to face that $56,000 x 15 fine. 4 had tracking collars.  

There is a GIS tracking website somewhere online for those interested.

1 hour ago, Hucker said:

Been to Big Lake x2.  Been into the Hoodoo pack both times.  The first time I had my kids and dog with me and 15 came in on us. 9 straight on, and 6 flanked us. Talk about pucker factor! Had my mini-14, but really didn't want to face that $56,000 x 15 fine. 4 had tracking collars.  

There is a GIS tracking website somewhere online for those interested.

Just don’t shoot the ones with collars. 

Wow!  How did the reservation find a way to keep them off their land?  They apparently are running all over the border but only on state land. 😳

Maybe they will keep heading over to New Mexico. 

FWIW, I gps'd the spot when we got into them.  When I got home, I found that GIS website.  The location on the map (with date/time stamp) was very accurate.  IIRC, it showed that pack there 2 days before we were there. 

And it is amazing that they refuse to go on the reservation...😏

Another fun fact: the Timber wolves were the original "native species", when reintroduced the population did not take off like they were hoping. So... bring in the much bigger and more aggressive Canadian that was never down here in the first place and then tell everyone how well the program is going. Great plan!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cmille308 said:

Another fun fact: the Timber wolves were the original "native species", when reintroduced the population did not take off like they were hoping. So... bring in the much bigger and more aggressive Canadian that was never down here in the first place and then tell everyone how well the program is going. Great plan!

Ya no kidding 

The real reason they antis want large predators reintroduced is to cut our big game populations down until we cant hunt them any more and then they can claim we dont need firearms any more.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, rancilio said:

It shows an “occupied range” in the Chiricahuas.  That’s the first I’ve heard of that.

FWS website shows Chiricahuas as suitable wolf habitat...

https://www.fws.gov/southwest/es/mexicanwolf/wolfmultimedia.html

00795E5C-1DD0-4BB6-8B4A-683011FEFF57.jpeg

762CC0CB-8D25-4C56-AD2E-654C7123EE6F.png

That’s where the REAL!!! Mexican greys live. We’ve seen them there and up into units north of I-10 for years. Btw. They’re a lot smaller than the introduced ones.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

That’s where the REAL!!! Mexican greys live. We’ve seen them there and up into units north of I-10 for years. Btw. They’re a lot smaller than the introduced ones.

Well, if the REAL mexican greys can't proliferate quick enough, they can always try the timber wolf, and if that one doesn't take, the canadian! OR bring in the timber and maybe He'll wipe out the native mexican group and then they can tell everyone that IT is actually the native species....ooops that IS what is going on.  Maybe I should be more careful with what I say... the draw is coming up next month. lol (I really don't think THAT conspiracy theory)