muley224

wolves

22 hours ago, 520HUNT said:

You got any trail cam pics or seen any of mexican grey wolves south of I-10? 

Seen them south of Sonoita while mearns hunting 3 years ago. 

4 hours ago, 520HUNT said:

Coyote 

I'm not so sure. At first look I thought total wolf. Looking closer the ears look more yote but the broad face and fur look like wolf to me.  Made me look at the regs.  Bottom of face, thickness of legs and markings look wolf to me.  

2 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I'm not so sure. At first look I thought total wolf. Looking closer the ears look more yote but the broad face and fur look like wolf to me.  Made me look at the regs.  Bottom of face, thickness of legs and markings look wolf to me.  

Send the pic to game n fish... they are anxious to get a real wolf pic from down in southern az

Just now, 520HUNT said:

Send the pic to game n fish... they are anxious to get a real wolf pic from down in southern az

Its not my post or pic,  Just stating what i thought, but I'm no expert either.  

What made me originally think it could be a wolf was comparing it to the photos of coyotes I did capture on the camera. They looked well, like coyotes. This one had twice the fur and was significantly larger. The hind quarter does have the slumping look of a German Shepard.

If someone has an email address to anyone that cares at AZGFD or FWS I can email them the photo and location. 

Pictures pretty old, otherwise I would say go back and ground check it.

If you enlarge the photo a lot, it appears to be wearing a tracking collar. Note the rectangular thingie directly down from the nose. Also seems to have something white around its body. 🤷‍♀️

the horses in unit 3 and other units do not belong there. neither do the wild burros all over the north western part of the state. historically I have done my part to keep the burro population and the corresponding damage down. 

22 hours ago, 520HUNT said:

Pics or it didnt happen

Only camera I would have had back then would have been a disposable one. Even if I had it out a pic would have been pretty hard to get at that distance considering I had my spare rifle in my hands. Not sure if they had even begun to get reintroduced back then.

33 minutes ago, roninflag said:

historically I have done my part to keep the burro population and the corresponding damage down. 

Assume you mean that as the good sportsman that you are, you adopted a couple, right? Otherwise, you might not want to post the above publically into too many places.

"The animal is also protected under federal law by the Wild and Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act of 1971. Anyone found guilty of harassing, branding or killing one can face a fine of up to $2,000 and a year in jail."

22 minutes ago, roninflag said:

"most" of my control was done prior to 1971. none were adopted. quite a few members of the azgfd  had '100' burro club lapel pins

That was 49 years ago. You must be an ol' codger like me. 👍

• Like 2