muley224

wolves

4 minutes ago, roninflag said:

the horses and burros are not native. just like Eurasian ringnecks. they do not belong. should be 365 day season

Agree. Sadly, I don't see that ever happening. 

On 1/4/2020 at 11:38 AM, Kelney said:

STC_0737.thumb.JPG.bb9312ae65362e0f01ed023a1afa6429.JPG

I am no wolf expert by any means to discern it between a dog hybrid or an actual Grey but I was surprised I caught what appeared to be a wolf south of I-8.

Looks similar to the dog in the AZGFD regs book. Perhaps the dog in the trail cam pic presents “strangely” because its hind legs are spread so wide and fronts standing on his mouse breakfast.

4B771787-11C3-468A-AF0E-4A0CADA7A38B.jpeg

What frosts me the most is I have located three different wolf feeding stations within one mile of residences in or around Alpine. That is just wrong and asking for trouble, enticing wolf interaction with humans. Those wolf reintroduction resources that are doing that should be incarcerated IMHO !! Additionally, I have trail pictures of wolves in my yard at my Alpine residence. Doesn't make my son and daughter-in-law warm and fuzzy when they visit with the grand kids. Unfortunately it likely is too late to reverse this ill-advised government dog experiment. 

• Like 3

On 1/7/2020 at 9:51 AM, Alpinebullwinkle said:

What frosts me the most is I have located three different wolf feeding stations within one mile of residences in or around Alpine. That is just wrong and asking for trouble, enticing wolf interaction with humans. Those wolf reintroduction resources that are doing that should be incarcerated IMHO !! Additionally, I have trail pictures of wolves in my yard at my Alpine residence. Doesn't make my son and daughter-in-law warm and fuzzy when they visit with the grand kids. Unfortunately it likely is too late to reverse this ill-advised government dog experiment. 

I haven't seen one but I heard them two years ago near Eagle Creek across on the Rez one morning.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:41 AM, PRDATR said:

I haven't seen one but I heard them two years ago near Eagle Creek across on the Rez one morning.

They are farther in our state than most think 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

That’s where the REAL!!! Mexican greys live. We’ve seen them there and up into units north of I-10 for years. Btw. They’re a lot smaller than the introduced ones.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, muledeerarea33? said:

No trail cam pics but yes I’ve seen them

On 1/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, wildwoody said:

I saw a Grey in the Characowas 27yrs ago kill a calf, so he's right they have been around.

My opinion its time to get over it

There here and there staying, calling each other names won't make them go away..

On 1/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, PRDATR said:

I saw one in the early 90's in 29. I was back at camp in December after slipping in the snow on my way to Pothole and the scope hit a boulder the same time a clump on snow fell from a Pinon and got into it clouding the scope.

I was eating a sandwich near a spot called Mexican Camp when I heard what sounded like a dog fight. I looked up and about 300 yards away on the opposite mountain here comes a  black wolf running out from behind a truck sized boulder. He took off and was out of site  in about 15 seconds. The year before I spoke to another hunter who also saw it.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:43 PM, azbirdhunter88 said:

Seen them south of Sonoita while mearns hunting 3 years ago. 

11466c3f-6ede-43ce-846f-4278322b3788_screenshot.jpg

I know the number of wolves in the wild they are telling us is WAY under-inflated. There are more wolves right now in units 1 and 27 than I think they can even count.   

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 8:29 PM, rcdinaz said:

Wow!  How did the reservation find a way to keep them off their land?  They apparently are running all over the border but only on state land. 😳

Maybe they will keep heading over to New Mexico. 

They have been shooting them for years there along with the wild horses . Fact.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

They are farther in our state than most think 

They have been in that area for well over 10-12 years killing livestock and harassing people and yes they are on the move.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:05 PM, azbirdhunter88 said:

They will keep moving also. I hope the hogs from Texas keep moving and end up here. Love me some hog hunting. Then I won’t have to drive to Texas every year. 

They are in az, I've researched it extensively. Also in new mexico and since they are invasive no permit or license required!

11 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

They are in az, I've researched it extensively. Also in new mexico and since they are invasive no permit or license required!

Ya I know they are here. I jus meant a bigger population. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Ya I know they are here. I jus meant a bigger population. 

I hear ya, but it's free!