Sign in to follow this  
eddielasvegas

WTB: Inline Muzzleloader Rifle - CLOSED - No Longer Needed

If you're thinking of selling, I'm thinking of buying so let me know via PM what you have and your location.

This will be used for elk so .50 caliber seems the best choice, but I welcome all.

Thanks,

Eddie

• Like 1

Muzzleloaders don't need an FFL and can ship right to your door. Still a few good sales going for CVAs and others online. I really like my Accura V2 LR but as far as I can tell everyone really likes their front end stuffer no matter the manf.

I’ve been around one traditions and one CVA and both had issues with the ignition system.  If you absolutely crushed the trigger they would go off, but if you squeezed it lightly they wouldn’t.  Same issue with both guns.  Been around dozens of TC’s and never had an issue.  That’s just my 2 cents.  

• Like 1

I take that back. It was two CVA’s.  My buddy brought one over a week before a NM elk hunt.  I recommended he get a TC but he wanted to save $150 so he got a CVA.  Brought it to my house and it wouldn’t go off either.  He ended up having to over night a TC and scramble to get it sighted in before we left.  Expensive mistake but it’s also on him for not getting that all sorted out months before that, and for buying a CVA.  

I have a Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader (.50) that I bought new at Sportsman's Warehouse in October 2019.  Shot a few range sessions with it and decided I didn't love it.  Shoots well with three 777 50 gr pellets.  I have the original case and a pack of primer shells and bullet/sabots that go with it.  It has the Bell & Carlson stock.  I live in Tucson. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

28 minutes ago, labrat73 said:

I have a Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader (.50) that I bought new at Sportsman's Warehouse in October 2019.  Shot a few range sessions with it and decided I didn't love it.  Shoots well with three 777 50 gr pellets.  I have the original case and a pack of primer shells and bullet/sabots that go with it.  It has the Bell & Carlson stock.  I live in Tucson. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks laprat73. Let me do some research on this MZ and I'll let you know.

Eddie

3 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

Thanks laprat73. Let me do some research on this MZ and I'll let you know.

Eddie

The UML is the best you'll get outside of a custom smokepole. Superb accuracy, but there are a few drawbacks. Being that it is built on the 700 action, an FFL is required if buying new (or from out of state). Also, the recoil is substantial at max loads, so I highly recommend a brake for it. And if you plan on shooting BH209, Remington will not warranty the firearm as the breech plug design is insufficient to contain these loads and you will experience gas cutting at the thin part of the plug where it meets the primer. Aftermarket plugs that resolve this issue are available. 

If you do decide to go the route of the UML, PM me and I can send you a ton of info. Just know it is not a cheap endeavor. And if you don't, I can sell/trade you my old one along with everything that goes with it. 

• Like 1