G_E_E

Pop up retrieval north of Flagstaff

So my pop-up got snowed in at 7E during this past late bull hunt.  I'm curious if anyone has been in the area north of the peaks off FSR 514.  How does the 514 and near by roads look now?  Has the new snow in the area been bad? I'm planning on heading up to retrieve it tomorrow.  Fingers crossed its still ok.  Thanks for any information.

They haven't gotten any new snow since Friday. We were up there all weekend in Flag and came back yesterday. I don't know about that road specifically though on conditions. Things were starting to thaw yesterday some before we left.

Take snow chains if you have them. They help a ton in snow and mud if the roads are bad.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Why did you leave it?

Haha, I thought you said where not why when I first read this. 

I set it up before the storm rolled in thinking it was in a accessable spot to get to even with snow, but I was wrong.  For the first 3 days of the hunt I was in a air bnb house with the family, but planned to stay in pop up the rest of the hunt once the family went back to school/work.  Well I didn't choose a good spot with 3 to 4 foot snow drifts over the road leading to it.  

• Like 1