AZLance

Hungry Mountain Lions

6 hours ago, savagman said:

If the Lions did kill the hiker - How forthcoming will G&F be?  Will there be a press release or attempt to keep it quiet?  

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Remember this is same G&F that quit reporting on how many sheep were being killed in the Catalinas and how many lions they had killed to avoid bad press.

• Like 2

So many conspiracy theories. Kinda wonder if some of you even leave the house if the sun isn't shining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, savagman said:

If the Lions did kill the hiker - How forthcoming will G&F be?  Will there be a press release or attempt to keep it quiet?  

They won't have a choice, the news outlets will be able to get the cause of death from the medical examiner.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, desertmafia21 said:

An arrest has been made in connection to the remains found 

https://kvoa.com/news/2020/01/04/man-arrested-in-connection-to-pima-canyon-death-investigation/

Not good to be found with a missing person's car.

Meanwhile from the coroner's office..."The autopsy could not determine a cause of death nor could it identify the gender of the remains."

And some silly quotes from AZGFD...“I can tell you that the lions tore the clothes off the victim,” Hart said. “That is an indication that they had figured out that a human being clothed is food.” 

So... are you safer in lion country nude?

On 1/2/2020 at 4:11 PM, codyhuntsaz said:

I always thought that cats wouldn’t eat anything they didn’t kill, unless they were starving?? 

Speaking from recent experience with a lion. That's not the case

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Edge said:

https://kvoa.com/news/2020/01/04/man-arrested-in-connection-to-pima-canyon-death-investigation/

Not good to be found with a missing person's car.

Meanwhile from the coroner's office..."The autopsy could not determine a cause of death nor could it identify the gender of the remains."

And some silly quotes from AZGFD...“I can tell you that the lions tore the clothes off the victim,” Hart said. “That is an indication that they had figured out that a human being clothed is food.” 

So... are you safer in lion country nude?

Not if your hanging dong.

4 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

All the internet detectives came to the same conclusion as the autopsy... no conclusion as of cause of death

• Like 2

CougarMuledeer_Ariiel_Attack_Straighton_5_.JPG

• Like 5
  • Great Buck! 1

Not saying it’s the case in this case, but any dang fool that thinks a mountain lion won’t study and learn how to prey on humans in urban fringe, or other highly trafficked sanctuaries, needs to read “The Beast in the Garden” by David Baron.  It’s easily some of the most interesting and riveting non-fiction I’ve ever read, and roughly the last 25% of the pages are references.  

The flip side of that is I personally glassed up momma lion and 3 non-spotted semi-adult cubs sharing a wt gutpile on the third day of what used to be the second wt hunt that ran for 10 days in Unit 23.  

• Like 1