andrewmilich

Shot a nice buck in 38M can't find it.....argh please help

I was out hunting  in 38M right off of AJO in the tucson mountains  ( i can provide exact location if needed)  yesterday and my arrow went right through a nice buck.  4 x 4  blood everywhere.  He bedded down and I couldn't find him.  If anyone stumbles across it, I know the meat might be bad, but I would love the rack.    some samples of the blood trail

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

• Like 1

Dang, I was hunting with a buddy out there yesterday and ran into a couple hikers and I think you spoke to them. They mentioned they spoke to another hunter who was looking for a buck he shot... 

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

Dang, I was hunting with a buddy out there yesterday and ran into a couple hikers and I think you spoke to them. They mentioned they spoke to another hunter who was looking for a buck he shot... 

yep that was me.  I saw you with a buddy. I was gassing  you were about 200 yards east of the deer and he came around to me.  where the main trail spilts in bedded down in the bowl.  or that wash.  couldn't find him.  if you go out for pigs and see it, i would love that rack.

Wow! We were on a 4x4 but gave us the slip. I wonder if it was the same one? When we seen it, it was perfectly healthy.

4 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Wow! We were on a 4x4 but gave us the slip. I wonder if it was the same one? When we seen it, it was perfectly healthy.

I saw you guys going after it.  you were looking up the mountain  to the north.  You guys were pushing him.  I watched it the whole time.  he eventually came down crossed the path and start up the big mountain .  I stalked him up that big mountain and shot him at 50yds.  exact same one.  tons of does out there.  I was out the day before and saw the same buck.  So i knew he was in that area.  I cannot believe I couldn't find him.  He was a nice buck.  I had to go back to phoenix and won't have time to go look anymore.  so frustrating.   I hunt that area for pigs but didn't see one.  

• Sad 1

Their were 3 pigs that we bumped and chased at the same time in the area we seen the buck. Almost at the same time. I'd say 15 minutes apart. Crazy, it was my first time in there, I'll ask my friend tomorrow morning if he's going back out there. 

2 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Their were 3 pigs that we bumped and chased at the same time in the area we seen the buck. Almost at the same time. I'd say 15 minutes apart. Crazy, it was my first time in there, I'll ask my friend tomorrow morning if he's going back out there. 

thanks its  great easy access area

I live 10min from that location. 

I am happy to help look for him. 

Just let me know. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, More D said:

Just let me know. 

I would be so thankful if you went to a little hike.  i can google map you an annotated map of exactly where i think it could be.  and my blood trail.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, More D said:

Just let me know. 

here is exactly where i think he bedded down. thats the last place i saw him.  you will see blood on the north side of the little bowl.  if you have a chance and like to go hiking i would be so grateful.  easy terrain.  and yes i know i just gave away my hunting spot....but it was a nice buck and i am super bummed.  first buck with a bow.....  and I am sure the buzzards are probably flying now over it....