andrewmilich

Shot a nice buck in 38M can't find it.....argh please help

44 minutes ago, roninflag said:

it is a pick up

In AZ the only legal pick ups are those completely void of any tissue, other wise you're supposed to have a WM determine if the animal died of natural causes.  

Are we ever going to get an update this?  That would 3rd buck I know of that has been unrecovered in 38m. I found a dead 3x last season and had a hunter ID his arrow and retrieve his rack(doubt he ever tagged it either).

44 minutes ago, 5nRamirez said:

Are we ever going to get an update this?  That would 3rd buck I know of that has been unrecovered in 38m. I found a dead 3x last season and had a hunter ID his arrow and retrieve his rack(doubt he ever tagged it either).

What did game and fish say when you contacted them?

8 minutes ago, oz31p said:

What did game and fish say when you contacted them?

Nothing I never contacted G&F just did a social media post with a pic of the arrow guy said his dad shot a buck(texas heart shot) and almost pinpointed the area. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, 654321 said:

And if it was last year technically the season ended and legally he couldn't have the rack anyway.

Oh so if you shoot an animal and find it after the season you can't tag is?

So you guy's think if you shoot an animal on the last day of the season say elk, and you find it the next day you're screwed?

26 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

So you guy's think if you shoot an animal on the last day of the season say elk, and you find it the next day you're screwed?

Yep. 

57 minutes ago, AZkiller said:

better call G&F and plead your case.   

1 hour ago, AZkiller said:

If season is closed yes.  Not sure how it would work on a OTC tag if you arrowed a buck on new year eve and then recovered it in the am.  I’m guessing you’d have to tag it with you new tag