Goldfinger78

1st Archery Kill.

I have been hunting javelina with a rifle and pistol for a few years now.  After several close encounters, I finally tagged one on a rifle hunt last year.  This past summer I decided to take up archery hunting.  With all the bad luck I have had hunting javelina, I figured, why not try with a bow. Seems like a good idea to me 🤣🤣🤣.  After all, I have heard multiple times people say that javelina are gods gift to archery hunters. Well I guess those people are correct!!! Never imagined on my first day out hunting javelina with a bow I would have tagged one.  What a way to start 2020.  Happy new year everyone!!! 

IMG_20200101_123103.jpg

IMG_20200101_123940.jpg

• Like 24

46 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

Where are all of your arrows? Lol

Congrats man

Lol....I knew someone would say something.  Clearly I need a little more practice.  I missed two shots earlier in the day.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice job buddy! I noticed the arrow yesterday on FB, but didn't want to be the first to say something!🤣 

At least an arrow left your bow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wish2hunt said:

Where are all of your arrows? Lol

Congrats man

4 hours ago, Goldfinger78 said:

Lol....I knew someone would say something.  Clearly I need a little more practice.  I missed two shots earlier in the day.  

If your not missing a bunch of arrows, your not having fun! Gotta love Javelina hunting!

• Like 3

Congrats!!!  If you don't loos a few arrows while chasing Javelina, your not Javelina hunting!!!!

• Like 2

Great job - bet you're hooked for life now. This is the first year I haven't archery hunted javis in a very long time. Always a blast.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coach said:

Great job - bet you're hooked for life now. This is the first year I haven't archery hunted javis in a very long time. Always a blast.

It is so much fun!!! Our group tagged 3 yesterday!!! Hooked for sure!!!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Way back when' I started hunting pigs with a 40# Herters recurve and bear broadheads.  I shot my whole quiver at a herd.  Then picked up some of those arrows and shot one in the butt.  It lived.  I found it the next day. Still with the herd that was not liking me anymore at that point.  

• Like 1